Saturday, October 22, 2016

In the Wee Small Hours of the Woman's Morning

There's a woman I know just a little bit, and I adore her because of what I know that she does not know that I know. I only learned it because her granddaughter told me, "Oh yeah, we've got that in our family." She then went on to explain how her dear grandma has two grandsons who live only a half mile away, and she never sees them; has no relationship with them because that's how the grandsons' mother wants it. This amazing woman's son lives this way. She is on par with my own sainted grandmothers. She inspires me. I am hoping to send her a note properly expressing how I feel without hurting her with reminders, nor making her uncomfortable because her first granddaughter told me a family secret in an effort to make me feel better. I care for the children of a wonderful family. I've been told that I'm appreciated. That's all I really need to spew love all over the little critters. So I'm relatively fresh off of taking care of three lovely granddaughters. None of them my own, but oh the joy they bring. And now, because this is only a blog, let's boil it down - I don't get to see my grandgirls, nor have any communication with them other than the few times I see them during the year. It is the same for my daughter, son, and entire family. It's called, "Parental Alienation." The time I spend with other children heals my soul. The people I've come into contact with who go through something similar to what I go through - well, when they handle it with public grace - I'm eternally awestruck. Oh to be that person in that moment. It's a goal worth pursuing that feels so much better than totally f'ing up. I'm off to be selfish and happy. There is a "Downton Abbey" marathon on WTTW Prime that's been going since sometime on Thursday. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Basically, my daughter is away for the evening. My son is asleep. They are both safe. I've heard no bad news other than a bit of news from my sister-in-law. I've got a plan to address my volunteered obligations to her and my bro'. I've had a lovely evening of working to be the best I can be while taking care of myself and succeeding. All the while, I was showered with happiness and cooperation. I'm telling you. The mother of the grandsons is really missing out. I hope the same as my lovely grandmothers and so many other; may we all experience the just love of those we hold most dear simply because they are blood.

1 comment:

  1. for some reason my paragraphs are not showing up. this is disconcerting.

    ReplyDelete