Thursday, October 20, 2016

It's Time to Get Real

After only a year's hiatus, I'm back! Believe me, I'm as surprised as you are. With a new and never before used password, I'm off and running again. I'm still surprised. "Twilight Zone" is my white noise. I'm up because I'm a night owl. The story is about a woman traveling alone and continually seeing a hitchhiker. Anyone remember it? I do. Love "Black and White." I'm up because I'm a night owl, and my daughter is surviving a manic episode and at work. I've sent her a text asking if she can sleep at a friend's or Uber it home. She works a double tomorrow. She's off on Friday with plans to see her boyfriend, who is nine years her senior. The following is what I wrote for a new intro, but it is too long: "While six years ago the following might have been true, "Going Forward @ 50 is a bit of a journal with short stories, poems, pictures and random thoughts about the art of acquiring a new life because the kids are raised, and I need a life," the reality of the last six years is so much more than I expected. Seems this might be a great bit of therapy for more than just me. My most trusted friends are even more trusted. I am stronger than I want to be. My children are completely opposite personalities and wonderful. My granddaughters are smart and beautiful, and I fear for their well-being. We need help. We want help. If I do this right, all my dreams will come true. If I mess up, I'll learn and keep trying. Fuck fatalism and victimization. Crawling up from these depths may be a lack-luster journey filled with inconsistent plodding,failure, and success. Can't even commit to taking anyone with me all of the way. My friends are my friends. My readers are my readers. If you want a look inside - welcome." So, of course, I got upset and just deleted any intro, for now. Anyway, I can't say that my daughter will be happy with me for sharing any of these experiences. In fact, I'm very sure she'd be pretty, darn pissed. UNLESS - I can fully explain sincerely with integrity that the only reason I'm sharing this is because there are others who are going through something of the same in their own unique ways. If I can give hope through my writing. If my words and vulnerability might help reach a solution. If, if, if . . . After a good amount of reflection and emotional reaction, I've decided that imagining wonderfully, positive outcomes is better for daily living, even if, imagining the dramatic, negative outcomes might be better for a movie, book, play, or poem. One is used in real life. One is used in fiction -- "based on a true story." Both have the same desired outcome in America; HAPPY ENDING! Will we take a journey together to a happy ending? I sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment