Tuesday, April 5, 2011

#3 - "I'm good enough. I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."

Yes the title of tonight's post comes from Al Franken's character, Stuart Smalley. Just think, the man who created Stuart Smalley is now one of our country's representatives. I like Al Franken quite a bit. I'm glad he won. I wonder how he's handling Washington, and how Washington is handling him. I'll check later.

Tonight I am with my family and friends in Wisconsin. It is election night all over the country, but my heart and thoughts are in Wisconsin. It's too early to tell what the results will show, so I'll move on to my world.

Yesterday was a mixed day; rough and wonderful. I made it through the rough parts thanks to being able to get an earlier appointment with my therapist, remembering the wonderful moments, sleep, and some great conversation with BB and SA. Day done. Moving on.

Today, I have done many good deeds and been rewarded with nine instances of "You're a good person." One instance was literal and included a hug. I was surprised at first when SA opened her arms gesturing that she wanted to hug me. I thought maybe something bad had happened during her day, but she just said she wanted to hug me because she thinks that I'm a good person; and that, we all need to hear that sometimes. The other eight included at least a "Thank you", and in some instances included hugs and more words. This is pretty great especially after the rougher moments yesterday.

It's funny how life works sometimes. Yesterday I was ready to give up completely, and today I'm re-energized and motivated to go forward with my plans. I do remind myself of these times when I get down, and I'm glad that "The Universe" has been gracious enough to give me so many answers to my requests and examples of good people all around me. I'm going to start bringing the memories of these events to the forefront of my thinking each and every day. It's the least that I can do when "The Universe" is being so generous with me. I really didn't think I'd be having thoughts like this today after having such a difficult time yesterday. There will be more rough times ahead and more wonderful times ahead, so I'm going to just do my bit to nurture every bit of me; so that, I can continue to contribute positively to our world.

That's really about it. I've been having chest pains for a couple days, so I'm going to get myself to bed, do a little bit of reading, and get my rest. That night of getting only two hours of sleep is really slamming me. I really can't do that any more, nor can I continue to neglect my biological needs for food and water. Enough.

So the third post until the end is almost over; only two more to go. I can tell you that when I have posted this blog's final post on April 7th, I will be taking at least a week off to think about my future and blogging. I need to concentrate on school until May 11th. I'd like to add artwork, pictures and video if I continue to blog. I'd like to focus on external topics and/or creative writing if I continue to blog. I'd also like to post on a less frequent basis if I continue to blog. It is also possible that I will start a new blog with a new title. At this point, I don't know if any of this will happen because I haven't decided if I will continue to blog or not.

Now the third post til the end is done. I feel like I should spend the last two posts wrapping up the year; a two-part post, if you will. Sweet dreams, All. I'm off to take care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment