Saturday, July 10, 2010

Goodness!

I haven't posted since Wednesday, July 7th. That should tell me something...

"What?" you say.

A few things:

1. July is Le Tour de France Month for me, and Thor Hushovd is my favorite cyclist in the race. The first week is usually a Sprinters' Week, and Thor Hushovd is a Sprinter. The races start at 7:30am and end around 10:30am streamed LIVE on my computer. I make coffee at some point and watch in bed. I draw inspiration for my day.

2. July 8th (Thursday), I did another stint of Extra work. I got ready with Le Tour on in the background and left the house at around 12:30pm after doing a phone interview with a staffing agency that has an opening with Abbott. I was late to set. Disappointed with myself, I moved my car a lot, changed three times, took extra food for later when in line, and much to my dismay and subsequent obsessing; I gave the Assistant Costume Designer, Andrea, a disappointed look when she said I could be a Street Pedestrian. The worst thing about that look is that it worked out to my advantage, again. I'm so sorry, Andrea, wherever you are. Uncalled for, and below my standards for myself. I did have a good talk with Tyler, the Extras PA; Will and Tim, two PA's that BB has worked with; Tom, the Extras Hair Stylist for the evening; and Daniel, the Costume Designer. I was annoyed by one group who complained far too much and got paired with one of the ladies. I think I talked too much, and that damned disappointed look. Oh well. Got off early again and was happy to have spent a few hours in Heaven. It was really soothing to my soul, so if I've outworn my welcome in Heaven; well, maybe I'll endear myself enough to gain entrance to another Heaven or even the same one someday. All is not lost. It's a long race to the finish, and a Professional doesn't panic and shows up when sick, injured and/or scared. Check. Got home around 1am and took a few hours to wind down. Answered a few emails and settled a few thoughts; such as, "OK, so I could work for Abbott," and "Let go." Still not falling asleep until 3am did take its toll.

3. Friday, July 9th, was a big day for me.... One of my cousins got married, one of my best friend's had a birthday, and it's the anniversary of The Finalization of My Divorce in 1990. Happy 20th to me! Congrats to my cousin! Happy 40th to my friend! Seems as thought I'm forgetting someone or something. In any case, it was a rather emotional day for those reasons. Ping-Pong Ball kinda emotions. Lots to process. I also chose to apply for Food Stamps because my Unemployment Benefits have been exhausted which meant that I had to call Unemployment. I had to call the Housing Authority, too, because I am eligible for a reduction in rent because of my income change. Folks, do you ever think about the workers on the front lines who are trying to help the many who are losing benefits and ..... Well, I can tell you that it's taking its toll on them. We all agree that we're not happy with our Representatives for taking a vacation without voting on and passing another extension to the Unemployment Benefits. The receptionist was particularly distraught which she displayed through exasperated questions that were really none of her business. I did my best to educate her. So there I was, just as I had predicted, without money applying for other forms of help and doing my best to be polite and civil while my cousin and quite a few of my family were together celebrating my cousin's wedding. I guess knowing that if I'd had the money, I wouldn't have attended the wedding, nor gotten together with my friend for her 40th Birthday celebration did give me some solace. Besides, I was dead tired; so after taking care of a bit of immediate survival stuff, I slept until 8pm. When I awoke, I was a grouch, sore, and completely disappointed with the condition of the house. I snarked at BB, but we talked and will get through this, too.

4. It is now Saturday, July 10th, and I have watched the first Mountain Stage of Le Tour. I have again been inspired. I am again back at my blog. I am again sorting through the many thoughts and emotions that I have. I am almost ready to start carrying out my plans which means the house will be cleaned, the garage sale stuff will be sorted and priced, and we will eat something good at least three times today. There will be hugging and laughing because that is a part of "The Three Rules." Have I written that story for you yet? I have written it before, but I can't remember if I've done it here. Does anyone know? Please let me know if you get the chance because I'm going to be off working on stuff and really don't feel like going through all my posts. I have to make a Student Loan payment because I didn't get my stuff in for an Economic Hardship Deferment, but it's only $40; so I'll manage. This should clear up my record; so that, I can enroll in school for the Fall. I have spoken to my daughter on her only day off because she called me. I cheered her up and frustrated her all in one call. I am so good at multitasking.

That's it for now. I think I've settled some thoughts about my future and need to put things into action. I'll have to do a count, but I believe that I have a few posts to make-up, again; so I'll be back.

Oh to be Samantha Stevens or Mary Poppins.

No comments:

Post a Comment