Tuesday, July 6, 2010

THOR WINS STAGE & GREEN JERSEY!

July 6th is my Grandma Corbin's Birthday. She died a few years ago. Today, I felt her presence all around me. As soon as I realized it was her birthday, I thought about tickled she'd be to see Thor Hushovd (NOR) win today's stage of Le Tour de France! Not that she was a cycling fan, that I know of, but she is All-Norwegian, so National Pride would carry the day!

In her honor and in honor of Thor's BRILLIANT ride, I headed out to do good today and was very successful.

I helped a new friend close up her office by cleaning it and taking some desks to sell in my garage sale. Duncan helped, too! He's only half Norwegian, but he did a stellar job. ;)

I worked for over eight hours, and then went out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in Lake Forest; The Lantern. It's amazingly affordable and good, down home cooking. A real gem.

Took Dunc to get his car from the truck rental place, and headed to Walgreen's to get some shampoo, conditioner and cream. I was a stinky, sweaty mess. I was sore when I got out of the car, but it soon went away.

When I got home, Atmosphere Casting called again! I'm going to be an Extra AGAIN on Thursday. Wow! Completely unexpected.

I got a response to an email I sent my cousin that made me feel good, too.

BB & SA made me laugh as usual, and I just might go see the Finals of the World Cup with SA on Sunday - if Spain wins. Go Spain!

Thank you, Grandma Corbin, for blessing me on your birthday. Your love is forever, and I am over-the-moon lucky to be your granddaughter. You've inspired me to be a better person all of my life, and I think I might be starting to get it right. Love you forever and ever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment