Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Well, Well, Well .....

I have to do this, and I have to keep checking my email; so here we go!

Just saw a post on Facebook from Atmosphere Casting saying they need extras with cars who haven't worked, yet. It was posted two hours ago, though; so I don't know.

Had I checked the site when I got home from my errands up north ... That would've been better. Don't think they'll call, but also saw that extras for the Blackhawks thing should be available all three days; and I've confirmed for that. There will be money in August or maybe even the end of July. Rent.

When I was at CLC to check on my Financial Aid Status and hand in my Official Transcript from Barat College, I also stopped by the HR Department. There are three jobs to apply for. Can't see getting any of them, but what the heck. I have the qualifications.

My best friend wants to go to see "Urinetown" on Sunday the 18th; her treat. She got me. It's playing at CLC. On Sunday there is a discussion with the author after the play. WOW!

so, it's been a half hour and no email, yet. did send my best friend a note telling her of my wishes and desires and this blog and you know ... I haven't seen or heard from the Princess lately. Think I'll go look for her.

When I last saw the Princess she was headed out to see what her most trusted friend wanted her to see. Hmmmmmm. I wonder what it is.

"Come on!" urged Gadyen.

"I'm coming," puffed the Princess, "Wait up! Gees."

Gadyen took off running down the hallway. The Princess put her head down and sprinted after her beloved friend and protector.

"Got cha!" the Princess said as she grabbed Gadyen around the waist.

"Shhhhh," Gadyen said and struggled out of the Princess's hold, "Quiet. Follow me, slowly, now."

The Princess and Gadyen snuck out of the castle walls, past two security guards, and out into the village. Villagers stopped and looked at the two as they picked up their pace and smoothly wove their way through the crowds.

"Darn it," said Gadyen and dashed into a clothing shop with the Princess, "We've got to get some better clothes."

"What?"

"Shhhh. Go behind that curtain. Hello? Is there somebody here?"

A small, gray-haired woman appeared from behind the shop, "May I help you?"

"Yes. I'd like to get this cloak, those pants, these shirts, that vest, and those hats," Gadyen said thrusting money into the woman's hand, "We'll take that skirt and shoes. Do you have shoes?"

"No, we don't."

"Fine," Gadyen said and took back a bit of money, "Where are there shoes?"

"Down the street and to the right at the corner."

"Thank you," Gadyen replied and grabbed the pile of clothes the woman had gathered, "Here. Try these and make it quick," Gadyen commanded and handed a shirt, the skirt, and the vest through the curtain.

"What? OK," the Princess responded and started to change, "I usually have help with things like this, you know."

"Deal with it and hurry up. I have to change, too."

"Gees. What's this all about anyway?"

"You done yet? Why are you talking if you're not changed."

"There!" the Princess said, as she walked out from behind the curtain.

"Here. Put this on, too," Gadyen said, shoved a hat in the Princess's hands, and disappeared behind the curtain, "Go to the back of the shop with your back to the front, please. While I change. Go on!"

The Princess did as she was instructed, put on the hat and looked down at her new ensemble. Gadyen emerged from behind the curtain adjusted the new clothes.

"What do I do with my dress, and what about your clothes?"

"Leave 'em."

"What?! That's my favorite dress! Here. Get these bags."

"OK. OK," Gadyen replied grabbing more money and thrusting it into the woman's hand, "The shoes are down the street, right?"

The old woman nodded and looked at the two customers, "Aren't you?"

"Nope," Gadyen cut her off and thrust more money in her hand.

"Thank you, Kind Stranger," the old woman said and pocketed more money than she had made in a year, "Safe travels to you both."

No comments:

Post a Comment