Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Day 1" - so far.

1.  Found 15 jobs to apply for today from childcare to theatre to video production to event management to administrative.  Will send out resumes, cover letters, and applications tomorrow.  That's a lot, so I will concentrate on moving forward, organizing, and hitting deadlines for now.  Letters to friends, family, acquaintances, etc. will have to wait for a bit.  Need to get this batch out.  Must also get my calendar functioning because there are some job application dates coming up that I don't want to miss.

    On the education front:  Will also go to WIA Grant orientation tomorrow - FINALLY!  I will also get my, yes, MY FAFSA done - FINALLY ... and ... the scholarship paperwork for the community college.

2.  Biggest news is switched to water with lemon for my beverage.  Ate breakfast and lunch.  Need something light for dinner and more water.  There is no chocolate in the house, so I'm forcing myself to eat healthier foods and beverages.  YAY!

3.  Did cheer up a bit today because I got all the laundry folded that's upstairs and had a bit of company while doing it.  I still have the kitchen to tackle, but resting my knee for a while.  I stayed home and took care of me today.  This makes me happier and healthier.  Slowly and surely wins the race.

4.  I'm still smoking.  I have three packs to finish off, so probably by this weekend, I'll be on my way with the electronic ciggies.

OK, there's the "Day 1" Briefing.

One a strictly personal note, I got a call from my most beloved daughter today.  She's getting together with the first friend that she made when we moved here.  They haven't seen each other in years, so this is a great thing for them both.  They will be getting together @ my daughter's home.  This makes me very, very happy!  "The wall has been breached!"  sigh :D

oh, another sigh - "tear down the wall, tear down the wall" - gotta love "The Wall" by Pink Floyd.  Sweet dreams, All.  Hang in there.  Here's to one more day and night.

1 comment:

  1. OH! Let's celebrate 14 days of writing EVERYDAY! Now that's an accomplishment. :D

    ReplyDelete