Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dirty Dreams

Today was a glorious day.  It was such a perfect day that I spontaneously started gardening after I spontaneously moved the weather vane from the garden plot to right below my porch.

The weather vane used to be on top of my parents' home.  It's a horse weather vane.  It's been hanging out at the corner of the garden plot for years, but now it is sitting pretty right in front of the hostas at the base of my porch.  Moving the weather vane is part of the preparations for the Kentucky Derby on Sunday.  I guess there will be a story about that, too.  Yes, I do love horses.

Anyway, I took it easy and got about half of the garden plot cleared off, weeded, and hoed.  It was during the first go that I found myself standing still like a scarecrow watching a cute, little, doe-colored bird that I didn't recognize.  While I continued to watch and try to figure out what kind of bird it was, I noticed a couple of robins, a couple squirrels, a chipmunk, a mourning dove, a cardinal, and a red-headed woodpecker all descend (literally) into my yard.  All of a sudden I didn't feel like a scarecrow any more; I felt like Snow White or Saint Francis.  Weirdly wonderful. 

Has anyone else heard that Saint Francis isn't a Saint any more?  If this is true; PHOOEY!  That's like Pluto not being a planet any more.  Dang it.

So, I gardened and did a bit more.  I asked my loved ones what they would like me to plant.  We'll be doing giant pumpkins, basil, tomatoes, jalepenos, bell peppers, sugar snap peas, strawberries, chives, and rosemary for starters.  It all kinda depends on if I can get a rototiller or not.  I was waiting for my neighbor to come home today because he has a landscaping business, but I missed him.  I now lust after a rototiller. 

The 4-Point Report:

1.  JOB:  Sent references for nanny position.  Went through a bunch of mail and did a bit of organizing.

2.  WEIGHT:  I did great all day, and have now eaten a ton of Dove chocolate.  Oops.  I feel better, tho'.  Nah, I ate too many.  I feel stuffed and uncomfortable.  sigh

3.  CHEERING UP:  Nature is my gym!  Nature is my therapist!  I can't tell all y'all how happy I am to be out gardening again.  The time is just right, and I'm going with it.  I'm sore from the work-out and so happy.  I can't wait to get back out there tomorrow.

4.  SMOKING:  Think I had four hits on the electronic cigarette.  I got the chocolate because I didn't buy cigarettes.  It was an indulgence.  I'd seen "America's Test Kitchen" when the main guy named Dove chocolates as the best ones from the taste test.  Dove chocolates were on sale, and I had a hankering.  So be it.  The rest of the day was filled with coffee, water, carrots, a chicken sandwich w/lettuce and onion rings.  I'm still drinking the water.


So that's it for now.  Will probably be pretty mundane tomorrow, too; but who knows.  Do feel a short, short story coming on.

Take care and sweet dreams.

1 comment: