Sunday, April 11, 2010

Short, Sweet and To The Point

It is time to change subjects.  That's right.  Only three days on Happiness.  It will remain the underlying theme, but more structure is needed.  Much more structure.

It's been up and down since my last post.  So up and down that I am emotionally exhausted, and kinda physically exhausted, too.  I don't really feel like sharing, so we'll all take the evening off.  I'll see if my plans for tomorrow yield a more dynamic post.

Ever get the feeling that you're sick of yourself?  I've heard that blogs are "all about me."  Well, I don't want that to be the case, so I'll be thinking about another approach while I put my "work day plan" into action.

On the Accountability thing:  ate pretty well, exercised while doing housework, socialized with neighbors more, and ate too much chocolate.  Dang chocolate.

Here's to a great week for everyone.  <3

2 comments:

  1. My downfall is Coca-cola. I can gain 5 pounds in a blink just drinking that stuff. I just stopped buying it. Now I drink orange juice and losing weight.

    When I first took this job that is 180 km from my home and wife, it was very depressing (still is) and I started drinking alone. First it was two beers a night, then 3 beers, and one day I ran out of beer and I found a 3/4's of a bottle of scotch the previous tenets had left. I drank about 1/2 the remaining scotch, actually enjoyed it and thought to myself...this is bad. I am not going to do this any more.

    Now I no longer drink alone, nor do I buy alcohol for the apartment. If I drink, it is with colleagues one night a week after work. On that one night, we usually go out and have pizza and a few beers and blow off steam. Lately we've started playing poker (Texas Hold'em) on Wednesday night with 1 bottle of scotch among 4 adult men. Needless to say, the drinks are very watered down to make that bottle last the evening. Also I don't drink on weekends unless my wife and I go out for dinner.

    One step at a time Michelle. As they say here in VE, "poco a poco" (little by little)

    Carpe Diem. Seize the Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, sir. :D all good. you boosted my spirits and resolve. carpe diem y poco y poco ... y buenas noches, tambien.

    ReplyDelete