Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Grandma Norlander called it, "Intuition"

It's another part of being a member of my family that one has to learn to deal with and finaly accept.  It's a part of most families' lives, I think.  It is intuition.


When I lived in California, during what I like to call the "Shirley MacLaine Years", there was a great frenzy around psychic training.  Dear Ms. MacLaine, wherever you are, please know that I adore you and mean no disrespect (in fact, I watched "Irma La Douce" today and still daydream about meeting you). 


For many years while living in California, I attended church services, lectures, classes, and healing sessions at The Healing Light Center.  Rosalyn L. Bruyere, D.D., http://rosalynlbruyere.org/index.html , still runs The Healing Light Center.  My favorite healer was Cher Lucero.


In any case, I dove into the psychic training giving 110% of myself to it.  To this day, I am glad that I did because I continue to use techniques that I learned then.  There is one thing that I abandoned, though; the awe.  I have my Grandma Norlander to thank for that.


When I told my Grandma what I was doing, she listened respectfully and replied, "I don't know what all the hubbub is about.  It's just intuition, and everybody's got it."  Grandma Norlander was such a smart woman.


I've been up since about 2am.  Not surprising since I slept most of yesterday.  While I've been awake, I've been going over a few things in my life.  I did my best to use a hologram approach to each issue I was considering.  This takes time, but generally yields pretty satisfactory results. 


In this case, I was going over issues pertaining to my relationship with my daughter and her family.  This is relationship is pushing me to grow more than I've ever wanted to grow.  I am not doing it so gracefully as is evidenced by a bit of a spat that I had with my beloved first born last night.  Well at about 4am my daughter's ringtone sounded on my cell phone.


"What's wrong," I answered.


"What are you doing in like two weeks?" she asked.


"Whatever you need me to do," I replied, and the conversation went from there.


It is not as odd as you may think for me to get such an early morning call from my daughter.  I've always had a 24/7/365 telephone policy.  My friends and family have taken me up on it throughout the years.  I'm very happy that they have.


I suppose anyone could say that the coincidence of my insomnia and my daughter's call is easily explained away, but I don't live in a world like that.  Afterall, it's just intuition; so why not just call it what it is.  It's the bond between people who care about each other, in this case anyway.  I don't always sleep with my cell phone by my bed, either.


Intuition has played a huge role in my life and the lives of all the members of my family.  My mother is a classic intuitive mom with tons of stories of "knowing" and acting upon that "knowing" before she knew what she knew.  Got it? 


My Grandma Norlander only called me three times in my life, that I remember; and each time she began the conversation with, "Michelle, are you all right?"  Each time I was at what I considered one of the lowest and scariest moments in my life. 


Now one of my favorite sayings is, "Sucks to live in a psychic family."  This usually makes people laugh; at least, the members of my family laugh.


So yesterday as I tried not to beat myself up for being a bum and failed, soundly making critical mental notes on all my shortcomings; I forgot that there is more to my life than a regimented existence.  I sincerely hope there is more than a regimented existence in each of your lives, too.  I sincerely hope that we all ease up on ourselves a bit.  It's far too hard to try to control everything, and having the ability to go with the flow while maintaining our compassionate honesty is a wonderful coping skill which, I believe, will only add to the quality of our longevity.  Granted, I need to clean house and have been avoiding it with my usual PhD. level procrastination; I now am refreshed and filled with new purpose for the coming day.  The fog has lifted, and I am free to fly again.


No one told me when I was a kid how intense the connection between loved ones is.  If they did, I didn't hear it.  There's no way I can explain it either.  I'm still learning, and will be learning til the day I die, I guess.  Good thing I like to learn.  I have a feeling that the lessons are going to keep coming, so it would be nice to get my feet under me; my house cleaned; and my mind, body and spirit cared for.  I'm not really too good at caring for myself, so I'm struggling and failing a lot.  I'm still plugging away, though; as I hope you are, too.


Here's to today.  Whatever it brings, I'll do my best.  You do your best.  You know, "Get back on the horse are ride again."  ... and if we fall or get bucked off, we'll just get up and try it again, and again, and again.  We won't worry about getting it right.  We'll focus on what we want with a quiet determination willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it.  We will have goals worthy of this effort.


I'll leave you with that, but it does lead nicely to my story about Star, the Welch Pony; and what we learned from each other.


Also - Do any of my fellow bloggers know where the Spell Check is on this new set up?  I can't find it for the life of me.


Take great care of yourselves, dear readers.  Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment