Thursday, April 15, 2010

Obligatory Post - Sorry - and then, The Flood Lights

"Today's been another day of looking for work and moving around enough to be sore.  I'm sore, tired, and headed to bed early.  Here's to another productive day tomorrow.  AM appointment to fulfill my goals.  Might get eyes checked, too.  That would be a good thing.  Boring, Boring, Boring, Mundane - Sorry, Guys and Gals.  I'm tapped.

Take care and keep smiling."

Yep, that was the original post, then I sat straight up in my bed with an, "Oh My God!  April 15th!"

April 15, 1988, my ex-husband rode away with my ex-parents-in-law to go look at some property to buy.  I remember it was April 15th because I thought it was very strange that my accountant father-in-law wasn't working that year.  He'd worked every other April 15th as long as I could remember.  He always started his vacation on April 16th.  Not in 1988.

In 1988, my ex rode away with his mother and step-father in the back of red, Ford Mustang with the white, convertible top down.  He rode away like a Homecoming Queen, waving and shouting,"Good Bye!"  Little did I know that it really was, "Good Bye."

Psychologists often talk about people "cycling" during the years meaning that they have emotional ups and downs that correspond with good and bad events in their lives.  For instance, I always remember April 10th as a wonderful anniversary.  On the other hand,  I've always thought of April 15th as a terrible anniversary. 

Of course, this year, I'd forgotten about it completely until I was trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with me lately; so tired, so sore, so lethargic; feeling lost and sad even though I've been accomplishing so much and been so busy.  That's when the flood light hit me, and I sat straight up in bed.  It was the sitting straight up in bed that did it.

See, once upon a time, I sat straight up in bed because of a dream having to do with my ex after he'd left me.  It was just a dream about his sister's car parking nose-to-nose with our trailer.  It was aggressive and scared me.  Not ten minutes later, my ex walked into the trailer.  I hadn't seen him in over a week.  He was angry and drunk.  He'd driven his sister's car.  He lambasted me about something, didn't look in on his kids, and left.  I locked the door behind him and cried myself to sleep.

If I have managed to turn Christmas Eve into one of my favorite holidays even though the love of my life was killed that night, well; I can turn April 15th into something to celebrate.  After all, I am so much happier without my ex, and all the terrible things he said and did.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post.  April 16, 2010 seems like a great day to start something big. 

Besides, I just got an email that told me that as long as I forward the wonderful story to seven people, I'll get a miracle.  Funny how I already know.  I've got seven followers, so consider yourselves my seven.  Expect a miracle tomorrow, People.  What the hell.  :D

Sweet, lovely, brilliant dreams to you all.  Life is really getting good.  Mwa!

No comments:

Post a Comment