Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Temptations!

This summer, The Temptations are going to be in concert within ten minutes of my home.  Oooooo La La!  Do love The Temptations.

Today has been a day of temptations. 

It feels good to stay calm.  It feels good to have two (2) cigarettes with my daughter.  It feels good to have my hair cut.  It feels good to have a beer.  It feels good to get out of the Wendy's drive-through line and drive past the Mobile.  It feels good to make a sandwich with the chicken I cooked last night.  It feels good to take a drag of the electronic ciggie.  It feels good ending this paragraph.

Yeah.

I didn't buy junk food or cigarettes. 

I conned my daughter out of one cigarette and just had another one.  It was great to see her and meet more of her co-workers.  They love her. 

Getting my hair cut was awesome!  The whole ritual is great from shampoo to finishing.  It was so relaxing and fun.  I needed some relaxing fun.

Last night I had a nightmare about my daughter, so seeing her today was very good.  I sure talk about her a lot.

It feels good to not have smoking in my house.  It feels good to see my son's big smile.  It feels good to hear him and hug him.  He's not bad looking either. 

It does feel good to accomplish small goals.  I've even starting carrying my kniting bag around with me.

1. JOB:  Went to WIA Grant Orientation.  Got a ton of info in an hour.  No money til September if I'm accepted, so this summer's classes are out of pocket - or - maybe I'll qualify for a scholarship; spoke with Mr. BoBo, the CLC recruiter, and got more info.  He said "a lot" of scholarship money goes unused because people don't apply.  A person can get a maximum of 3 scholarships per ... year(?).  Forward ----->  looking much better with my new haircut.

2. WEIGHT:  Well the above food choices along with a bowl of homemade veggie soup that I had for lunch.  There's a bag of popcorn waiting for me in the mic.  I might have lost a few ounces of hair today.

3. CHEERING UP:  Feeling pretty darn good.  Stuck to my guns about staying calm and sane.  Did what I had to do and wanted to do to achieve that goal.  Seems to have worked out pretty darn well.  It was too wonderful to see my girl and talk a bit.  Seems it worked out well for both of us.  We had fun entertaining the troops.  It was great to hear her talk about her "other mother", too.  Finally having the haircut I wanted over four years ago has cheered me up, too.  I can be one stubborn cuss.  Duh.

4.  SMOKING:  Like I said; had two, didn't buy any more, hit the electronic twice.  A relaxed, balanced approach to quitting?  Dang. 

Sweet dreams, All.  Now get off your butts and give me 10!  10 wall push outs!  10 leg lifts!  10 arm curls!  10 affirmations in the mirror! - I'll go do the same.  Promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment