Friday, September 24, 2010

1/2 way through the day....

Well, half-way through my day, and all is well. Got out early this morning to run a few errands.

Discovered a gas station that is selling gas twenty cents cheaper than just eight miles away. This always makes me curious. Is the gas of poorer quality? Is it marketing strategy based on what the market will bear in certain demographics? It just blows my mind. I'll be filling up at the cheaper place very soon, irregardless.

Checked my bank balance and was so relieved to see that my Unemployment check came through. I was not looking forward to a weekend of counting pennies. I am now looking forward to buying those few necessities that are needed in the house and something very good and easy for dinner tonight and this weekend. Mashed potatoes and ????? Haven't figured it out, yet.

The rest of my day will be spent doing homework, housework, looking for a job, and starting a crocheting project tonight while I visit with a friend. I'm looking forward to all of this, too.

All in all, it's another good day. It really is about attitude. I credit my sister with instilling this attitude in me. Like she says, "My eyes are open. I'm breathing. It's a good day."

Have a good one, two, three, four, .... , Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment