Friday, September 10, 2010

Beautiful Day

I woke up at around 10am, wrote a letter to my old college roommate, and applied for a job with my favorite village. All the while I was working on my computer, I was sitting in front of my open window relishing the perfect day outside. It was too beautiful to stay inside all day, so I decided that as soon as my responsibilities and indulgences were taken care of that I would head out somewhere and just experience the perfect temperature, the perfect breeze, and the perfect everythingness of it all.

Having completed my "homework", I headed out for an hour long hike at Wright Woods. I'd never hiked there before, so it was an adventure. Sometimes people on horseback come through on the trails, but not today. Darn. Still there were ponds filled with lily pads and forests filled with green foliage from soil to sky. I even spotted a hornets nest right above the trail. I was so happy that BB had finally gotten the camera out of his backpack for me; and that, I had the good sense to bring it along. I got some nice shots of everything.

After my hike, I left to have a lovely and healthy lunch at Panera; New England Clam Chowder and half a Sierra Turkey on Asiago Focaccia. Perfection - AGAIN!

From there I went on a mission to Walmart, Joann Fabrics, Michael's and Hobby Lobby in search of yarn for a present I want to start. I found three different kinds that I liked at Hobby Lobby and Walmart, so I bought all three along with two new crochet hooks; sizes L and N. I didn't have these larger sizes and the prices were right; less than two bucks each. I confess that I am a sucker for a sale, and one of the yarns was half off while the other two were so cheap ($6.50 for a pound of cotton) that I couldn't resist buyng them all. Dang yarn sales. Tee Hee. As I always say in these circumstances, "I'm done buying yarn." Yeah, right. At least I like what I bought, and will be working with all of it very soon.

After my successful hunt, I headed home and found SA with BB. She was waiting for me because I'd asked her to go over a few details of a script idea that I have. We discussed my ideas and technical aspects of what I want to do. I call this research since she is teaching me about a subject that I know nothing about. I cannot reveal this subject because I am still working on my idea and am not sure that I want to stick with it. It is good to have gotten a basic understanding of the subject matter, though.

Having gotten a good grip on all of that, she told me that her Screenplay II teacher at Columbia is Steve Zacharias. (You can look him up on www.imdb.com, if you want - some great credits including, "All In The Family", "Happy Days", "The Partridge Family", and "Revenge of the Nerds")

Mr. Zacharias has written an 83-page piece about 13 steps for writing comedy, or any type of screenplay. Guess what I'll be reading tomorrow before settling on my idea for my proposal.

(NOTE TO SELF: Check out jobs at Columbia College and other schools downtown and in the area ... - Good Loard. So much to do.)

I'm loving being in school and had no idea that SA was taking Screenwriting, too. I'm going to have a lot of fun talking over things with her this semester. I also can't wait til I tell my class about Steve Zacharias's piece and how I plan on "auditing" SA's class through her. :D :D :D ----->

Sometimes, I actually think things are working out, as in, "working out", as opposed to, "will work out." I don't want to get ahead of myself, though. There's lots of work to do to get the results that I want on so many levels and fronts that I know I'm going to just keep plugging away at it all. Thing is that today was a real boost for me, so I might as well continue enjoying the afterglow and build on it for tomorrow and each day to follow for as long as I can....

And now, I am writing my blog about things not EXTRAS or Princess; but I am writing my blog, so :P. Guess I'm also feeling a bit spirited tonight, too.

I'm headed to my bed, putting in "Kick Ass", and relaxing to end it all.

Absolutely beautiful day. Perfect, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment