Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Since I've been remiss....

"You accomplish with kindness what you cannot with force." Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Found this quote today when I was looking for quotes about accomplishing goals. I've always believed this premise and did my best to raise my children with this in mind. When training animals, this is the best approach, too. I used to say that raising kids was like training dogs which upset many until I explained that you can beat a dog into submission and it will fear you and do what you want, but it will not respect and love you. I feel the same is true for children. Duh.

I've got to make dinner and finish homework because tomorrow is yet another busy day. All I really want to do is knit, though. There's laundry to fold and much more to do in the productive/responsible arena, too; but all I want to do is knit. I wonder what will win out. I'm thinking knitting. I'm feeling the need to indulge myself. Besides, I'm into the present that I'm making and have a deadline that is fast approaching.

Well, that's it for now. Happy, Happy to you all. Hang in there. Something good is sure to happen sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment