Monday, September 20, 2010

Better Late Than Never?

OK, so it's 12:38am on Monday morning, and I have officially missed Sunday's deadline. I have a good reason. I was doing homework and housework and running all my errands.... Didn't have much to report prior to this anyway.

Good news is that I've completed two of three projects for my first Digital Sound assignment and have class time tomorrow to finish up the third. My first project is a Noise Project. My second is a Music Project. The third is a Noise and Music Project. All three projects are to be anywhere from :30 to 1:30 (that's thirty seconds to a minute and thirty seconds, in case you're unfamiliar with how it's written).

The Noise Project is based on my experiences in a stairwell at school. It was loud and very annoying, but a good solid bit of noise to use. We didn't have to try to make it sound exactly like the sounds we heard. My piece is an "Inspired" piece. I tried to make it as annoying and uncomfortable as I felt while sitting in the stairwell. I think I've succeeded. It even has a bit at the end where I left to the relative quiet of the hallways and the sounds of students talking.

The Music Project is based on my experience right before I went into the stairwell. They're about as opposite as you can get. I was alone in a lecture hall listening to the sounds outside in the hall, listening to the ever present ventilation system, and enjoying the spaciousness of the room. I'm happy with it, so far.

I guess I should say that "completed" means that I've got a good foundation to show my instructor. I've still got some questions and want to know what he thinks. All in all, though, I feel pretty good, now.

The computer even crashed while I was working on the Music Project, and I hadn't saved my latest changes; but it was a good thing. It really was. I rebooted and re-entered most of my changes, switched some things around, and came up with a better piece than I had been muddling through. Let's hear it for "Happy Accidents."

That's really the biggest news. It's another action packed Monday, so I better get to bed.

Have a great week, Everyone. You know I'll be back... oh, and I think my talking wart is entering the final stages of a forever sleep. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment