Friday, September 17, 2010

Tell Me Lies ... Tell Me Sweet Little Lies ...

Remember that song? It's running through my head. Fleetwood Mac, right? Rumors was much overplayed in my college dorm room along with Netherlands by Dan Fogelberg - Hmmmmm. Be right back.

"Once in a vision ... " RIP Dan Fogelberg, Illinois Boy. Seeing you play in concert with a friend on back-up guitars (6-string, 12-string, steel) and mandolin was amazing. Listening to your music all these years has been a Godsend.

Here's to the liars and thieves, the bastards and assholes. Here's to the destruction they reap. May their lives be cut short. May they suffer more than they caused those they hurt.

Here's to the lovers and innocents, the angels and artists. Here's to the glory they bestow. May their lives be just as long as they choose. May they know more joy than they know what to do with.

Oh that this world could be everything I imagine. That's all I want for myself, now. I just want the world I imagine. I actually think I could get it. At least I believe that I would enjoy trying. The journey. That's what I want; the journey. The more I go along this path, the happier I get. There is no way I can fail because for me just trying is the success. It's not about fame, fortune and glory. It's about doing what I have to do to be happy.

... and you know what? I don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks about me and my choices any more. Sometimes I get hurt, but it's not because of what people think. It's because of what people do. Mean people. There are some really mean, fucked up people in this world. The lazy bastards and cowards are difficult to deal with along with the addicts, alcoholics, and perverts; but the people who are willfully mean: they're in a class of their own. I know what I would do if I was God which must be why there is the theory of Heaven and Hell because certainly I am not such a unique human. LOL

Here's to freedom to live life the way I have to live it. Here's to acknowledging my strengths, weaknesses, joys and sorrows. I've done a good job of being responsible, forgiving, hard-working, and dutiful. It's time to take the good, leave the bad, and move on.

I'm moving on because the mere thought of it fills me with joy. Do you know what it feels like for someone like me who has been responsible for so long to even consider moving on because technically all my responsibilities have been fulfilled? I'm not talking about physically moving on. I'm talking about mentally. I could sit in a room for the rest of my life and be a different person than who I was just a moment ago. It's not about locale. My mind can take me anywhere I want to go. I have skills. I make the world a better place no matter if anyone sees me, talks to me, listens to me or cares for me. My existence is enough. I know this. It doesn't matter if anyone else does though I know a few do. It's liberating, really. It's an AHA Moment. Sure took me long enough. Dang.

OK, gotta go dance! ... and knit and do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it. That's the joy of being a single woman. ... and I don't want to travel right now, so money isn't an issue. I've got food, water, shelter, toilet paper candles, and music - Dance! Dance! Dance!

Oh, and I told Mom all about my life right now. I love my mom. She gave me wings to fly and still does. God Bless her. She's a great lady.

"... and once again, those promises made..."

No comments:

Post a Comment