Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day Off - Who Needs One!

Everybody needs a day off sometimes, but there are some who never get a day off. For this reason, I am working on strengthening my resolve and moving forward each day with some sort of business. Days off are luxuries that I can not afford, right now. This is not necessarily a bad thing. After all, I am blessed with prospects and a willingness to do whatever it takes to be successful in both my personal and professional lives. Besides, I do take time to care for myself each day and understand the importance of replenishing myself when I am depleted. I am joining the many around the world who yearn for a better life and are working for it. I am grateful that I am not in a war-torn country and have the necessities that I need and more. No whining here, just very focused on reality.

It's a short one today because I do have a lot to do. I've already applied for two positions at a wonderful organization that I have been aware of for over twenty years. It was by chance that I found out about the openings because I never would've thought to apply there. Still I have all the skills necessary for both open positions at this worthwhile non-for-profit. Here's hoping for an interview and more.

I think it's time to get to work on the house, too.... but first I need to get through to Unemployment and write a business letter that has been plaguing me for too long. Housework is going to have to wait. Sometimes things just get too busy to clean closets and fold clothes. There will be time tonight when the world has calmed down a bit.

Take care of yourselves and much success in everything you do. The rain has stopped, the sun is coming out, and it is a beautiful day. Just might have to go for a bike ride, too! HA! :D Keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment