Thursday, June 24, 2010

78 is GREAT!

What the hell did you expect on my 78th post?

Yeah, 78 is great. Why? Because it was the year I left my home town for the first time and graduated from high school, in that order.

I've been listening to Coldplay since shortly after I got up and got on the computer today. Hit a mix list and let YouTube do it's magic. Thank God, 'cause I discovered that my X&Y and Viva la Vida CD's are gone. FUCK! Like I meant to say, "Thank FUCKIN' God for YouTube!"

The word of the day is F U C K. Why? Because I said so. It has nothing to do with liking you.

While The Beatles were my childhood personal gurus and a series of bands followed, Coldplay captured my heart when "Yellow" hit the airwaves. I only found out about Coldplay because of a Black Lab, Pitbull mix that my daughter brought home after a road trip to Oregon.

"So have you decided on a name?"

"No, and stop asking," she snapped.

"We really can't keep him."

"We're keeping him."

"Are you prepared to take care of him?"

"YEAH!"

"So what's his name?"

"Shut UP!"

Yep. Some stupid Oregon woman dumped an innocent puppy with my daughter. My daughter probably told her that her mom would help. Oh what fun we had.

So one day, I'm driving home and see my daughter and one of her friends carrying the puppy up the street. Naturally, I stop to say hello and inquire about their plans. Not-So-Innocently, I ask if my daughter has named the puppy, yet.

"Yellow," spouted my daughter's friend.

"Hey!" my daughter objected.

I smiled, "Oh, like that song?"

"NO!" my daughter scowled, "NOT after the song. DEFINITELY Not after the song. Hate that song. Stupid song."

"Oh. 'Cause he's a Black Lab?"

"No! Gees," my daughter grumbled, rolled her eyes, lifted her shoulders up to her chin and her palms to the sky, "Anything else?" she finished with her perfect evil, sarcastic smile and cock of her head to the left.

"No. Have fun."

I found dear Yellow a home with a military family who had just had to put the dad's longtime companion down. This young military dad was awesome. There were two or three kids. I never saw the mom. When I went back a couple of weeks later because I missed Yellow and wanted to check on him, I was very warmly welcomed.

"Hi. He's a runner. I've never had a runner before," said Young Military Dad.

I winced, acknowledging that I knew, "Yeah. Are you OK? Is he?"

"Oh yeah. I'm just keeping him on a leash for now. It would be nice to let him run at the beach, but we'll get there. He's great with the kids, and is learning to listen. Still a puppy," Young Military Dad laughed.

I took a seat and held back. Yellow was very excited and jumped on the sofas. Dad and kids told him to get down and went over to him, grabbed his collar and firmly showed him the way off the couch.

When the kids plopped down on the sofa facing me, I watched as Yellow jumped up behind them and snuggled along their backs. They giggled and pushed him to the edge of the couch without getting mad. Dad didn't get mad either.

After Yellow was evicted from the children's couch, he came over to me. He jumped up and started snuggling my back. I did the same as the children had done, but held his head for a brief moment and told him, "You've found a good home where you're going to be very happy. Stop running away from these people and listen to them. They love you."

Yellow snuggled up to my legs and we had a wonderful Good-Bye hug. I never went back to check on him. Oh, and they changed his name to something that I've forgotten.

It wasn't the first time that I'd had to find a home for an animal, all of whom I grew to love in whatever short time we had together. It's never gotten easier.

As a result of Yellow, though; I learned what the band's name was that sang the song. I looked at pictures. I listened to more of Coldplay's music. I fell in love.

(Now "Yellow" is playing on the Parachutes CD. It sounds so much better on the stereo than on YouTube. I used to sing "Yellow" to Yellow all the time and cry because I knew that I'd have to find another home for another pet and lose another love. I hadn't found Kaylynn, yet.)

I'm wiped. I don't know about you, but that's an emotional story for me.

Still haven't folded any laundry, but I did clean up my finger nails. Toes are looking good, and I've got some clothing options hanging on one of my hooks in the office. You know, prep for one day of work tomorrow.

I have no idea what this will do to my Unemployment Benies, but Fuck It! Remember, the word of the day is F U C K. I Don't Care Anymore! I refuse to give in to my fears. If everything gets turned off and we can't make rent - Fuck It! The one thing I know is that I'm prepared to be homeless rather than go back to my home town. Just test me, God. Just test me. I'll die before going back there to live. Gladly.

One a different note, the house is clean because I can hear and picture SA from last night informing BB and I of our Rules of House Maintenance. She's so funny when she's mad. I love pushing her buttons.

Some of the choicest lines were:

"There's ONLY TWO of You! It was cleaner with a crew of twelve in here than it is with just You Two!
"What? I'm related to royalty. I delegate."

"Honestly, SA. You're being very Polish. We're Norwegians. No worries. We'll conquer you, too."

"NO! That's Wrong! What do I have to do? Come over and clean for you?"

"If you're so inclined."

"That's it! I'm cleaning the kitchen!"

"You don't have to."

SA & BB cleaned the kitchen in about ten minutes. BB couldn't possibly let SA clean up the kitchen alone like I could. She's his girlfriend, and the mess was at least half his.

SA even insisted on cleaning up the dollhouse. I took the mats apart.

I went back to sitting in my chair. BB went back to the computer.

SA re-entered our living room and said, "There's only two of you. Use a dish and wash it. How hard is that?!"

"By hand?"

"Load the dishwasher."

"Oh, but what do we do if the dishwasher is full of clean dishes? BB?"

"We unload it."

"Oh, so you'll do that?"

BB nodded his head. SA witnessed it, and I'm narcing HERE!

Of course much cavorting went on with SA throwing herself on the floor at my feet and everything. We laughed so much. So in respect of the laughter and work done, I've been cleaning up after myself today and have even eaten a proper lunch. Think I'll run the dishwasher and not use another dish. That means BB will have to unload it when he wants to put his dirty dish in the dishwasher; or maybe, I'll unload it, too.

I've got Italian Sausage defrosting. I'm going to make some thing with vegetable, Italian Sausage, chicken, and rice or pasta for dinner. Haven't a clue what it will be like.

Oh to be able to get paid to do this everyday. Well, this and more. OK, time to go put on the Rush of Blood to the Brain" CD.

AND what does all of this have to do with 78 being Great? Well, like I said, "It was the year I left my home town for the first time and graduated from high school, in that order."

"Yeeeeaaahhhhhhh! How long must you wait for... uh for it!"

"I was scared. I was scared. .... "

OH YEAH! Scared doesn't begin to say what I'm feeling about my decision about tomorrow. FUCK IT! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

All I gotta do is drive my fat ass down to the location and listen. That's all. What's so hard about that. You'd think there were machine guns involved or something.

It will be Saturday's post that may be interesting or short. We'll see how tired I am. Friday's will have to be early. Saturday's a big day, too!

Let's hear it for everyone who overcomes some sort of fear and lives to tell about it. It's really kinda thrilling, if you choose to think about it that way.

CARPE DIEM! To The Pain! Coldplay's really rocking it, GOTTA GO DANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment