Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Quiet on the set."

Production is underway. Sounds of C-clamps and C47's mingle with the din of three conversations taking place at once. It's a controlled din. It's frenetic multitasking at it's best. I know it's at its best because I hear the laughter.

During breakfast the crew and actors were asked to write down their lunch order; so that, their lunch would arrive on time. Three crew members graciously repositioned their care; so that, I can get out of my driveway in BB's car. Lacey curtains were brought up from the basement, and aid was given to both lead actresses. SA was properly teased only after she teased me.

"BB! SA teased me," I tattled in front of the whole crew and cast.

"OK," he acquiesced.

"SA, come here," I directed while walking into my "so clean you gotta wear shades" kitchen. Pointing to the dust, dirt and grime in the space where the dishwasher usually sits; I said, "FAIL!"

"No! It can't be!" SA feigned and crumpled to the living room floor while I continued to point at her and make explosion sounds ending in my best demented, wicked witch laugh.

SO THAT WAS 7 HRS AGO ----

It's been a beautifully busy day. The first day of shooting is wrapping an hour and a half early! Let's hear it for a job well done!

From my experience, in the "real world" when this much laughing and goofing around takes place; bosses start bitching about productivity. Silly, silly bosses. This is the way to work. Granted it's not possible everywhere, nor is it appropriate. It's just wonderful to be in this environment, and I hope that I can do it more often.

All announcements have been well received, and now the packing up banter is going on. Cast and Crew will be back on Thursday.

Sweet dreams, All. Need to go wrap up some costume stuff, etc. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment