Monday, June 14, 2010

"Moving Right Along"

Yesterday's post was cathartic. I indulged myself in about five hours of writing and editing. I usually edit something like that twice before posting. I've reread it and decided it could us a bit more editing. Maybe someday, but not today.

Today is all about action. It is Monday. It is the day before shooting begins in our home. There is a lot of cleaning and clearing to be done. I also have a few personal things to do.

Personal List:

1. Do back exercises - The massage I got yesterday to alleviate some of my lower back and hip pain actually made it worse. Dang. Really wasn't expecting that to happen. Oh well. Onwards and Upwards.

2. Eat well.

3. Drink plenty of water.

That's really it for the Personal List. Not bad.

CLEANING/CLEARING LIST

1. Clear back room and find a place for everything to go. Whew. This is going to take some thought and a lot of physical labor. Can't wait for the garage sale in July.

2. Clean the kitchen. Pretty quick and easy. Must include the refrigerator because will need room for Production food.

3. Clean the bathroom. Quick and easy.

4. Clean the office. AHHHHHHHHHHH! It is going to house the equipment! So much to do! Breathe, 2, 3, 4 ....

5. "Free" the small refrigerator, clean it, and get it set up somewhere to stock food and drink for crew and actors. Being a Technical person, Crew always comes before Actors in my book.

6. Vacuum the whole place.

7. Fold the laundry; all five baskets full. sigh. We'll watch a movie for this, or I'll watch a movie for this.

8. Buy food stuff for the crew and actors. SA asked me to be the Craft Services person last night, and I said yes. SA is going to do the shopping.

9. Wash Mom's Moo Moo, so it will be ready for the fitting tomorrow. I think Mom might have made this Moo Moo when she was pregnant with my brother. It's a funny thing to still have of hers, but I do. I remember her in it so well. It's really very pretty and very well constructed. Isn't Moo Moo a funny word? I'll probably be working on something today and just let a "Moo Moo" slip. That will make me chuckle because I'll think of my mom in her moo moo and about one of my best friends and her collection of cows. Cows. I know, right? My daughter does frogs, and so does my "Born-Again Uncle and Godfather."

10. Clear space in the basement and dress the area being used in the shoot.

I think that's about it for today. The camping gear still needs to go to the laundromat, but that can happen next week while the shoot is at other locations in the suburbs and in the city. It might be nice to go to the city, but it isn't necessary; or is it? Oh Goodness.

I wonder if SA wants me to be Craft Services for the entire production before it heads up north? Oops. Will have to ask. SA? I know you're reading this.

(About 10 minutes later)

BB is up and in the loo. I'm sticking with an "OO" theme today. Moo Moo, Loo, Boo, Do!

On that note, me and my back are headed out to destroy ourselves for SA.

SA WASHED MY CABINETS! I will now destroy myself and my back for her. Ah, face it, add SA to the list of "People I'd Split A Vein For." She's been there for a while. Maybe even before she started dating BB, but that's yet another story. Truly adorable, though. I consider it one of my greatest gifts. Yep. There's another list and a few more stories. It's all about the stories.

We'll be entering a Production Story phase. The title of the project is yet to be disclosed because it is registered with the WGA under BB's real name. Yes, I know. But the only people who really know this is me ... and I mean ME! ... are friends and family that pop by. There may just be "others" who are reading. Shoot. The "others" are friends and family, in some cases.

Quite frankly, remember, for everything that I divulge here, there are more that you'll never know. I like it like that. I want to be like My Grandma Corbin who provided so many stories. I could literally spend my life writing stories inspired by my family and friends. It has been a very full life. Hiding out in my home writing about it and staying safe sounds so good to me. Just have to get my back in shape for all the sitting. Whoa. That's a new approach. LOL

I must also remind my readers that I love to lie. I believe in lying. I believe in combining dishonesty with honesty. I tell you this to prevent you from falling into "true story" trap. For dramatic effect and pacing, even my last story about my time in the hospital had "compilation characters" and made up dialogue with many events left out and some inserted that may or may not have happened as depicted. Dang. I'm writing a disclaimer to my blog. Might have to emphasize this in the blurb about it.

OK, I'm completely indulging myself and making BB nervous. This is not good. I'm off filled with thoughts to keep my mind active while "toting that barge" and "lifting that bale." Remember to lift from the knees - shit! No Wonder my knees are so bad. No, I was born with bad knees. Shit. Gotta get rid of this belly, and I've got just the way to do it. Aren't I lucky. LOL

OH! AND!

11. Clean and dress BB's bedroom!

Off!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! 12 hours of cleaning resulted in all of the list getting done except #'s 7, 9 & 10. No biggie. I can work on those tomorrow and Wednesday.

    Coffee is pre-set in the Craft Services Room (our Mud Room). Up at 7:30am for a fun-filled day.

    I did all three things on my Personal List.

    ReplyDelete