Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Things That Make Me Laugh in the Morning


From Left: Sammy, Ziggy, BB and his God-Daughter - The furniture no longer exists; in our world anyway. Oh, how I wanted that furniture when I was younger. Well, I got it and sent it on it's way. :D

Waking up to a loud, triumphant hoot from somewhere outside my apartment; I started my day with the usual brain/body battle.

"I'm AWAKE!" chirped my brain.

"I don't care," moaned my body.

"Ah, come on," my brain urged, "It's a beautiful day, and you need a shower."

"Shhhh," my body whispered and rolled over, "I've got til 9am."

"But we could get up now," my brain continued.

"We could, but we won't," said my body.

"I wonder who made that hoot. Don't you want to check it out?" my brain nudged.

"No," my body answered back, "But dang it! Now I have to go to the bathroom. I'm not getting up, though; so shut up."

That was around 7am, and now all parts are working together. This makes me laugh.


Ziggy has this meow he does in the morning when he first sees that my eyes are open, or sometimes when he thinks my eyes should be open. It's a two-beat meow that kinda reminds me of a coyote call combined with a lion's roar condensed and re-mastered into Ziggy, The Fetch-Playing, Kangaroo-Hopping, Broken-Tailed Cat. Lately he's especially liked doing this morning "roar" from my highest dresser. He's kinda like a cat version of Ferdinand from "Babe", if you think about it. This makes me laugh.

Ziggy is my little Mountain Lion. He likes to be up high. His new favorite place to sleep is in my granddaughter's car seat which is on top of a the bookshelf that I've had since I was a child in the back room at the end of the limed-oak finish, twin-size, sleigh bed that sits beside a window. I'm sure he can see outside from there. This makes me laugh.

I have to also add that yesterday morning, I awoke to see Ziggy killing a mouse in the living room. I mean I opened my eyes and that's the first thing I saw from my bed. This makes me laugh while remembering the initial shock of seeing a mouse in my house. Good Ziggy. Yep. This makes me laugh.


Sammy, The Kitty Who Defied Death and Several Neuroses, followed me around this morning commanding me to feed her breakfast with her forceful "sit & stare" method combined with new and wonderful verbal skills. I dutifully did so, but she didn't like it. I know she didn't like it because she walked back over to me, sat, stared and meowed her displeasure. This make me laugh.

I explained that I will go and buy some more cat treats, but she's out of luck right now; and she kinda chirped at me. I don't think it was a "fuck you." I think she was just saying, "OK. Well, get a move on that one" or "Fine. I'll eat this for now, but..." In fact, I'm quite sure it's the latter because she turned around and went to eat a bit. This makes me laugh.

Sammy has come out of her shell. She is Queen Bee of this place, and she's doing all female cats proud with her "knowing what she likes and getting it" attitude. She would be a perfect cat for my mother, except then Mom would have to lock out Beau because ... well, Duh. This makes me laugh.


Beau, The Best Buhund. Sammy, who has claws, and Beau - the terrorizing that would occur. The fantasy makes me laugh. The reality ... well, we'll never know 'cause I'm not subjecting Sammy to it. She's my Clawed-Cleopatra, and we're going to keep it that way.

Sammy does this thing where she gingerly, with claws slightly extended, taps my cheek; so that, I will pet her. She then sits and stares at me like "Simon's Cat." It's really her first and strongest trademark. She is an equal opportunity "Pet-Me Machine", too. If a person comes to the house more than once, they are fair game as far as Sammy is concerned. They are "Potential Petters", and it is her job to let them know this. She is quite effective. She is so effective that I feel compelled to warn my friends who are allergic to cats that they are not to give in to her powers. This makes me laugh.

The Panasonic camera screen saver on BB's Mac also makes me laugh. I guess it's the model he'd like to get. It's kinda like hearing the angels sing, you know. I just imagine BB starting up his laptop, seeing the object of his desire surrounded by a white background, and feeling a glorious glow of pure joy. Ah, my geeky man. This makes me laugh.


UNFORTUNATELY I DO NOT HAVE A PICTURE OF THE PANASONIC CAMERA
because I don't know how to rob it from the screen saver place, yet. Besides, I don't want to go looking through thousands of files now for a pic. Lazy? Naaaaah. Got other things to do.

It's a beautiful sunny/hazy day. BB & I are headed to the basement at around 10am. We've committed to eight to twelve hours of cleaning, but I'm quite sure that it will be closer to eight because I have homework to do. BB has emerged from his lair, and has headed to the shower promising to leave me a little hot water. This makes me laugh

Can you imagine how BORING reading a Dreamweaver CS4 manual is? Nah. You can't. No way. I started last night and felt like I wanted to rip the skin off my body, so I succumb to Craig Ferguson and all his merriment. Man I love his theme song and the whole stupid show that really isn't so stupid. This makes me laugh out loud this morning.

OFF - 1 1/2 hours and out. :D

1 comment:

  1. Made me Laugh too this post :D

    Love Cousin Lizzi

    ReplyDelete