Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tired and Content

Sitting and staring at walls and walking through my clean house sounds like just the thing for today, but the nagging inside my head won't let me completely enjoy the moment of peace. There are three more days of shooting and the weather is supposed to get very hot. Add lighting to the mix, and I'm worried. Can the A/C be on between takes? Where to plug in everything. Are the lighting set-ups figured out; so that, they can be quickly set-up and tested? Are all the camera angles established for the same reasons?

HOLD IT! This is a SA/BB Production. Of course the lighting and camera set-ups are set. Of course they're going to work as quickly as possible. Of course they know where they're plugging in everything. Of course they're thinking about the weather, too. We'll talk at some point today and pool our thoughts because I'm fully committed to being a quality Location Manager and they're committed to being the best they can be, too.

I may not be getting money for this experience, but it is something to put on my resume. It's more than that, though. It's fun.

There are so many things I like about productions. Weaving my way through people, furniture and equipment is one of them. Don't know why, really. It's just fun. It's exhilarating to wind through my house full of people all focused on getting stuff done in a calm, professional way. The space necessitates that people work together to get things done quickly.

From my limited working experience, I've never found a profession that places so much emphasis on being nice. Now, I know that not all successful film professionals are nice. I just know that the best productions that I've worked on have been nice. This has resulted in the projects getting done most pleasurably. I even think the quality is there. I could go on and on about all the nuances of making a production successful, but well, I'm feeling really lazy this morning. Besides, I have stuff to do.

I'm off to write lists, fold clothes, put away dishes, and DO MY BACK EXERCISES! My left achilles is sore from the way I sat yesterday while writing. Bad posture habits are getting to me. At least I had enough dance training to counter my bad habits.

OK, off to do stuff. Also want to mention that it is my only siblings birthday today. Today's post isn't dedicated to him because I didn't dedicate the blog to my daughter or my niece on their birthdays, so I'll stick with that for now. Course this means that I won't be dedicating my blog post to BB's birthday on Friday, either ... or will I?

Take care of yourselves. You are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment