Friday, June 18, 2010

I Know Why

I'm feeling very akin to my grandmothers today. I got up at 5:30am to start preparations for Duncan's Surprise Birthday Lunch. The weather is supposed to be in the 90's with thunderstorms. The house will be very busy starting at 9am. It seems only logical to get all the cooking and baking done before it gets too hot; so that, the house can cool down before people get here. Besides, it's so peaceful with nobody else up. I can get so much more done so much more quickly.

As it stands right now, I've got the pasta cooling in the frig with a bit of olive oil and garlic on it. The chicken is cooling in the frig, too. I seasoned that with basil, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, and celery salt. I've just put the top layer of the cake in the freezer to cool it, too.

Today's menu consists of chicken salad; pasta salad with mozzarella, basil, garlic and cherry tomatoes; hot dogs; chips; fruits and veggies; and birthday cake. I was going to barbecue, but it's going to be too hot for that.

Timer's going off again! BRB!

Second layer isn't done, yet. I'm making a three-layer, star-shaped cake. I got some Martha Stewart cake pans on sale at Macy's. I think I paid five dollars for them. YAY!

Well, the timer's going off again, so I better get going. It's almost 8am, and I still have to get in the shower and do all the chopping for the salads ... and make that frosting before anyone shows up. Gotta Run!

Have a great day, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment