Thursday, June 10, 2010

Once Upon A Time ...

Once upon a time in a land far, far away lived a Princess. She was not a beautiful Princess on the outside, but she was beautiful on the inside. She grew up learning that people were both mean and nice. She studied hard and excelled because she was blessed with a pretty good brain. She made mistakes and learned from them. She repeated mistakes and continued to learn. She grew to realize that she wasn't as smart, nor as strong as she'd like to be; but she kept plugging away because she knew that someday she would be Queen. She developed a strong sense of responsibility and purpose. She also considered it her duty to be brutally honest with herself about herself. She discovered that her heart could mislead her about people, and she suffered the pain and embarrassment of her kind nature. She learned about deceit and manipulation while learning about love, trust and boundaries.

"I'm so tired of learning," she thought many, many times, "I wish I didn't have to be Queen," but she knew that her destiny was set; and that, she had many people counting on her to boot.

One day, while the Princess sat in her room composing another journal entry; her most trusted friend bounced through her door.

"What cha doin'?" her friend chirped.

The Princess jumped, "Oh! You scared me!"

"I'm sorry," her friend responded, "I've got the best news!"

"OK," the Princess replied, "You learned to knock?"

"Hey!" her friend whined, "OK. I'm sorry, but you just have to hear this. Come on! Finish that up. Get dressed. We've got things to do!"

The Princess wrapped up her jounal entry with, "I've got to go now because 'You Know Who' just scared the shit out of me and wants me to go do something. Later!"

No comments:

Post a Comment