Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Kaylynn!

Forty-eight years ago today Kaylynn was born. We met about six months later. I was about 3 1/2 years old. You know about Kaylynn, right? No? Sure you do. Well, if not, she's my oldest friend. She was adopted in 1966, and I thought I'd never see her again. I was six.

Today is her birthday, and I just hung up with her after wishing her a "Happy Birthday" and having a brief chat. It's storming where she lives, and the wind chill is -25. She's in her jammies and curled up for the night. It's a good night to stay in and stay warm.

The whole story of finding Kaylynn, and what life has been like since I did is something that I'm writing privately. It's coming along slowly. I found her in August of 2003. We saw each other for the first time in 37 years in September of 2003. We talk every week now. It's tapered off from every day when we first reconnected. Finding her is one of the best things to ever happen in my life. Having her in my life is so good for me. We're like two peas in a pod, yet very different in some important ways. She helps me maintain my balance. We love each other.

The best part is that today I got to wish her a "Happy Birthday." I went 37 years without being able to do that. Sometimes life is just too wonderful.

The other side of wonderful for today was seeing my kids and grandgirls. It was another good day.

Here's to more good days for everyone. Sweet dreams, all. I'm headed off to knit or write. Haven't quite decided. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment