Monday, January 10, 2011

It's 9 O'Clock on a Monday...

... The regular crowd shuffles off to Buffalo.

???

Well, what do I do when I'm so tired that I can hardly keep my eyes open? Babble nonsense seems to be the easiest.

Today has been another full, productive, exhausting day. No girls. Three big appointments. All emotional roller coasters ridden. Quite frankly, I deserve a great night's sleep.

The window by the computer is open a bit, and I just felt the nicest breeze. I know. A winter's breeze? Yep. I keep my window open all winter long. In fact, I'm going to go make sure my bedroom window is open just the right amount; the proper amount to create a bit of a breeze in my bedroom tonight. MMMMmmmmmm.

I started sleeping with the window open my Senior year in high school. I stayed with a family who didn't have heat in the upstairs of their home; just one of those vents in the floor that let the heat from the downstairs rise up. Well, we always slept with the window open a crack in the upstairs bedroom. We'd lay under a mountain of blankets that weighed us down, and keep the window open a crack. Our clothes would all be laid out at night; so that, we could jump out of bed in the morning, grab our pile of clothes and head down to get ready in the bathroom when it was our turn. Margaret, the mom, always made us a hot breakfast, too. It was pretty awesome. I've slept with my window open ever since. I didn't catch one cold that winter. I've come to the conclusion that sleeping with the window open is healthier for you no matter what season it is. I admit that I could be wrong, but I don't care.

OK, there. You got some meaningless babbling from me again tonight. Have a lovely sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment