Thursday, January 20, 2011

T'was the Day After Classes Began

And all through the house
Only this creature was stirring
Trying not to grouse

The radio alarm was playing
The sky still shown darkly
The day's events seemed dismaying
Still trying not to be snarky

OK, so classes last night were pretty good. Not as scary as I thought they would be. Yoga was all peace and love. We didn't start doing any movements. T'ai Chi Chih (pronounced: Tie Chee Cha) was filled with movement and harder than I expected. My right knee took a beating, but I think it may help in the long run. At least I'm hoping it will.

I didn't post because I was just too tired and grouchy last night. It was a good night to have a late dinner, watch some "Perry Mason", turn off the TV, and get a good night's rest.

I'm grouchy because I've gone and done it again; I've let someone pressure me into doing something that I told them that I absolutely could not and would not do. I'm so mad at myself that I really don't know what to do except try to find some sort of bullshit silver lining to it all. I let the repairman talk me into starting work today, so now I don't know what's going to happen as far as seeing the grandgirls. I tried to explain the situation that I'm in, but he just dug in his heels and said that the landlord wanted the work done as soon as possible. I should've asked the landlord when I talked to her last night, but I was sidetracked because she told me that if I wanted some of the work done that I'd have to pay for it myself. My damn emotions and acquiescence. I hate this part of me. Time to change that, too.

So today the workers come to start tearing apart the bathroom. On the upside, we will have a new tile job; so the "ugliest tile job in the world" will be history. There's one silver lining.

Another silver lining is that the repairman really seems to need work, so my acquiescence will allow him a bit of cash flow. We'll call this a Mitzvah on my part.

So, I'm up way too early after tossing and turning all night because I'm a spineless wimp. Think I'll rest for another hour; and then, I'll hit the day running. Creativity and flexibility will be the mainstays of today. A good dose of accepting the consequences of my lily-livered existence will be on the menu, too. Guess we might as well throw in a good dose of over-coming obstacles while we're at it. Shit.

So that's it for today. Here's hoping that I get to spend a good amount of time with GL and the grandgirls. Here's hoping that I keep my cool and ask all the right questions. I may also try my hand at negotiating a couple of ceiling fan installations using all the guilt tactics that I can muster because by allowing the repairman to start today my family is being put out, and he knew from the get-go that Thursdays were out of the question, yet he went for it; and I let him. Should be a rather interesting day.

sigh

Happy to report that the day has turned out to be pretty darn awesome. Awesome, my word for the day. I really need to learn to be more positive right off the bat. What was all my bitching about?

No comments:

Post a Comment