Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Up, Down and All Around

Well technically I missed Monday, but here's the post anyway.

It's been another roller coaster day - Up, Down and All Around.

Got mad at my kids and let them know it. It had to be done, and I also need to do a bit of improving.

Went to play with a puppy. Puppy liked playing Fetch in the snow.

Went to first Digital Editing class and watched "Rashomon." Instructor is gorgeous and has a beautiful voice. He's straight-forward and to the point. I like him.

Went to Yoga and cried. I've destroyed my body over the past 46 years. My disappointment in myself was so great that the tears just streamed down my cheeks. I've got a lot of work to do. Lots of tension and blocks. I thought I was in bad shape, but this is devastating. Made it through class, though. I'll be back there on Wednesday. It can't get worse than this, can it.

Went to DAS Group and bitched. It's OK with the group if I arrive a half hour late, so I'll keep going; but the group dynamic has changed. I don't know what good this is going to do for me any more.

Discovered a Walmart with an amazing food section with very, very reasonable prices and stocked up on things like Flax Seeds, Wheat Germ, Almond Milk, Chocolate Soy Milk, String Cheese, FRESH Fruits and Veggies, Organic Apple Juice, Brie and Jarlsberg Cheeses, and frozen Salmon and Cod Fillets (1 pound for under $4). My new approach is to buy all the good food that I want in moderate portions. No ice cream. No silly stuff. Yummy fresh, wholesome food. Got Cauliflower to puree and put in recipes for the grandgirls (and all of us, too).

Used our food stamps for the first time. I was a Food Stamp Virgin. Man, was I annoying the cashier. The Walmart was in an urban area where lots of people use Food Stamps, so it was very obvious that I was a "newbie." Well, that trauma is over with, and I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have good food in the house.

I've been so worried about money that my eating habits were very bad. I was skipping a lot of meals and eating comfort food when I did eat. It's time to rock and roll with the good food. I'm stoked.

Unloaded all the groceries from the car to the stairs by myself. BB must've heard me because he carried the majority of the groceries upstairs. We unloaded the groceries together and settled our differences. We laughed and hugged. Looking forward to someday doing the same with GL, but she and I handle our differences differently, so there will be a bit of a wait in that area.

I had Jarlsberg and Brie cheeses with Baked Veggie and Wheat Crackers after I ate the most amazing pear. This was the end of my supper. I started out with some almonds, dried fruit and Craisins. Yum, yum, yum. Oh yes! This is how I like to eat.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to work out either with my friend or with BB. After that I'll play with the puppy; and then, I'll groom a few horses. After that I'll go help a friend. Tomorrow night I'll be home.

Wednesday will be another morning workout either with a friend or with BB, playing with a puppy, helping my friend again, Yoga and T'ai Chi Chih, maybe back to the Walmart, and home.

Thursday will be playtime with the grandgirls, play time with a puppy, playtime with the grandgirls, helping a friend and home. This time I'll remember to watch "The Big Bang Theory" (my favorite show).

Friday will be ..... play with puppy and help friend and fill in the other areas.

Saturday will be morning workout and ???? until I help a friend.

Sunday will be Sunday School Teaching for the first time and ????

Somewhere in there I've got to practice my Yoga and T'ai Chi Chih, read a bunch of chapters and write a paper for Digital Editing.

That's about it. Up, Down and All Around.

No comments:

Post a Comment