Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fantastic Four!

Today has been a HUGE day.

1. My daughter surprised me with a call and invitation to go to the "rocket park." She brought my granddaughters over, and away we went eventually because ...

2. I got caught up in doing some more research for some writing, so getting ready to go was delayed. My daughter picked out a good play outfit for me while telling me, "It's like having ANOTHER child, Mother." I really should learn to stop doing what I'm into and be more responsible. Really. Definitely when it comes to seeing my daughter, granddaughters and son-in-law; at least. I'll work on it. :D

3. My son got his lens adapter today. He is in Film Geek Heaven. I'll spare you, unless you would like to know about things like HVX, and 1/72 versus 1/84, and more "Letters & Numbers Stuff" that I'm not even sure about. I'm just very happy for my boy who has new "toys" that are really tools. You know the difference between tools and toys, right?

4. My brother got his driver's license back today after eight years of going without. Lesson: Don't Drink & Drive - AND - Life is full of changes, so work hard, do your best, relax, have some fun and just let the good happen. He's done quite a bit of good, hard work on himself and on behalf of others since he sobered up. He's had to accept the loss of some relationships because of his behavior when he was drinking and drugging. He had to make a "loud popping sound" to salvage what he could of his life. He's done pretty darn well. I'm very happy for him. He does deserve to have his license back. I'm happy for his wife and our parents, too. His ability to drive is going to help them, too.

Oh, the back stories behind the four events are all wonderful, but my back and hip are YELLING at me LOUDER than my dear, dear youngest granddaughter. I spent quite a while doing a bit of research on her behalf and have a few thoughts; such as, reading Dr. Harvey Karp's, "The Happiest Baby on the Block" book, getting the DVD from the library, and letting her parents know what I've found out. Poor dear cries so much and is so tense. I know this will pass.

I did get her to relax at the park by doing a "four-count" bouncy dance-walk in the shade. She was smooshed against my belly and breast. I've decided that certain MeeMas are fat; so that their granddaughters can be enveloped in cuddles and coos. You know how it goes; Dance-walking to a 4/4 beat while describing all the stuff around us in my "valium voice." Something about a soothing, smooshy MeeMa. Not exactly motivation to lose weight, but well, at least it's not a reason to hate myself, either.

May 27, 2010 has been a very good day - save some serious pain - but this too shall pass just like the four major good events that happened today. That's what going forward is all about, you know. Guess this is kinda the "Cliff Notes Version of Today."

I wonder what tomorrow will hold. I'm going to make it a very good day because it's another huge anniversary day; 22 years ago the kids and I left LA and moved in with my parents on May 28, 1988. It was the beginning of a new life, but more about that later.

For now, I'm moving forward bolstered by four wonderful events and some fantastic research on behalf of my many loved ones; whether they know it or not. Remember to hang in there, People. There's no way I could've predicted that in two days my world could turn around so dramatically. I did hang in with thoughts of better times, so maybe my positivity had a bit to do with it.... NAH! The ups and downs are a bit tiring, but that's the way my life seems to go. I'm glad that I've learned to ride out the storms and see what the mornings bring.

OH, and let's all take a moment of quiet to think good thoughts, meditate, pray and/or whatever on behalf of the many creatures who could use a good thought and more these days. Here's to capping the oil well in the Gulf, lots of ice for the Polar Bears, plenty of food and water for everyone on this planet, the end to all war, and clean air. Here's to going Forward for 50 More Posts!

Yep. Forward @ 50 just had it's 50th Post. Pretty Great Day Today.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had several very nice days in a row, Michelle. I hope the streak continues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks rick! watching the giro live on universal sports as i type. another fav - "bike racing." don't want to race myself, but do love men in lycra and their "insanity."

    i just received a graduation announcement for another cousin! she graduated from high school on may 27th, too. off to congratulate her.

    thanks for checking in, rick. keep doing everything that you do so well. do you have a Road ID when you ride? there was a commerical with levy liepheimmer, bob roll, and a couple other cyclists that i sorta recognize on. i'm going to check it out. course, i do have a couple cycling jersey (that fit me now) with those marvelous pockets on the back.... :D

    take care!

    ReplyDelete