Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Swell Season is Back!

The Swell Season - Heyday (Bonnaroo 2008) [a Mic Christopher cover]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VhWEQRXMUM

The Swell Season, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova of "Once" and "Falling Slowly" fame, stole my heart when I watched "Once" in the privacy of my own home. To date, I think it is the best little indie film to ever be made. The DVD is worth owning even if you've never seen it. I don't own it yet. I ate it up once when I rented it.

The Swell Season - Falling Slowly (Bonnaroo 2008)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKkDTuzahQA

(If you want to hear hear/see the performances, you'll have to copy and paste the address to your address bar in a new page ... I haven't figured out how to link to a site, yet. Working on it. :D ------> A HUGE THANK YOU TO YOUTUBE & the PEOPLE WHO POSTED THESE VIDEOS)

The Swell Season will be in concert at Ravinia Festival on July 14th. Of all the amazing artists on the schedule this year, I think this is the one concert I'd pay to be on the lawn for. $22 Lawn Tickets. sigh

How's that for a combined music and movie review along with a bit-o-promotion?


My tomorrow is busy. So is my today, but my tomorrow is actually scheduled with outside activities. Things are ramping up. Three set appointments for tomorrow. All job related. Then another on May 22nd, FOR SURE, DANG IT!

I just inserted a phone interview into today. :D Part II later tonight. :D Rockin' & Rollin'! ... and now my meet-and-greet has been rescheduled to 3:30 on Friday. Yippee! Half-Price Soy Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino for "Happy Hour"!

Off to find the photo printer because the camera card is full, and I have this amazing "Still Life" sitting next to me. I've been wanting to add some pics, and I know how to do that, basically. The photo printer is buried under a pile, I just know it. I really should do a "Clutter Still Life" collection. I think my piles are pretty artist, or at least defy physics.

OK, enjoy the musical interlude. I am. Do well. Smile. Here we go! "I've got to move it, move it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment