Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Moving Right Along ...


Sunrise Over Lake Michigan - (Photo: Forward @ 50)

So yesterday I was furious (for good reason). Today I am tired and content. Last night's conversation cleared the air quite well. YAY!

I am going to miss my son when he moves on with his life. He is outside working on my daughter's birthday present as I write. YAY! After she has it, I'll be able to write more about that. She's been known to read this thing.

I was up at 7:30am, showered, cleaned the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, made a few business calls, and just finished doing a favor for my neighbor. All in all a very good start to a new day after about four hours of sleep. Ouch. LOL

JOB: Rejected by Ravinia. :(:(:( ... and ... favorite possible nanny position not open until Fall, after all. Might be able to do some occasional babysitting. I was told to keep in touch. Not bad. I am getting prepared for my interview on May 22nd, my daughter's birthday. (Post will be in the evening with news and accolades.) I'm on the fence about the other nanny position. I'm in the process of developing a babysitting business IF the people who have interviewed me for full-time positions use me for occasional sitting. The economy is hitting everyone. Pink slips are flying and hours are being reduced all around, still. Just in case you didn't know. It's rough out in "JOB HUNT LAND."

WEIGHT/HEALTH: I've had an apple that tasted TOO GOOD this morning and coffee. Ran around with a 2 year old and a 4 year old for my exercise. Got my 15 minutes of early morning sun, too. Have you heard the new reports on getting sun before 10am and after 2pm? It's good for people to do this for the vitamin D. OK ... La, La, La, La, La. Will eat well today because I've been cooking healthy food. Leftovers here I come! More moving with housework, too; so I am not a complete slug, really.

CHEERING UP: Yep. Basically anything short of death would be cheering up after yesterday. OH MAN was I MAD ... and SAD. sigh. Glad that ended with a healthy outcome thanks to years of working on talking with my son. It does take years, you know. Very proud of both of us. It's very hard and scary to be brutally honest about our feelings while minding basic conversational rules. Listening is ever so important. Choice of words and tone is important, too. Having the courage to be honest, though, even if it's totally messed up, is what makes or breaks the deal. Oh, and you have to stay in the room. No walking away. I'm real sensitive to having people walk away because that was my ex's method of dealing with me and any problems we had. He did things that were much worse, but he was consistent with the walking out of the house and driving away leaving me with the children. Hmmmmm. When he wiped out the bank account and abandoned us, I wasn't too surprised after the initial mind-blowing, heart-breaking shock that reduced me to a pile on the floor. More about that in a later post. It will be titled, "The Three Rules."

SMOKING: LORD HELP ME! I am smoking. I do not smoke around children, or even let them see me; but I'm starting to think I'll never kick the habit and have lung cancer to "look forward to." I know this pains many of you, and I'm sorry. I think I need to be put away for about three months to really do this thing. I also will need a padded cell. Yep. That might work. Maybe.

Lunch and a nap, then I'll be hitting the house and the job hunt some more. Nothing extremely exciting. Just wanted to let everyone know that I really am focused on moving forward and haven't fallen completely off the path.

Have a good day, Everyone! :D

2 comments:

  1. Yep, really hard to stay in the room and keep finding ways to have constructive dialogue when primitive and intense feelings are running so high. Well done, Gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. :D it is hard, but so worth it. it does take a lot of approaches and very active listening. starting to think the "conflict resolution" lessons are the most valuable around. the foundation is being laid for a healthy life today and for all days to come. :D

    ReplyDelete