Sunday, May 2, 2010

All of a sudden ...

There I was talking with my neighbors at around 11:30pm knowing that my thoughts of not posting on May 1, 2010 were going to come true. 

It was after I came home that I figured out that I'd missed the Ketucky Derby.  I look forward to the Kentucky Derby all year.  Oops. 

I got to see the replay on-line, though.  Not as good as actually seeing the LIVE coverage, but what a race!  Wow.  I'm more stoked than ever for the Preakness and Belmont.

Had a good busy day filled with thoughts of what short story to write, my grandparents, parents, children and grandchildren - friends and animals, too.  I started out the morning sitting on my porch with my coffee and laptop enjoying the kids in the driveway playing Four Square, riding their scooters and driving their Jeep.  This progressed into a bit of plotting plots.  From there I did a bit of cleaning and decorating.  When my son finally got home from his 20-something hour day, I took a break and watched two of my favorite movies; "You've Got Mail" and "Dave."  That's how I missed the Derby.  After my movies, I ironed my son's suit and a dress shirt for his Wrap Party.  Once he was off, I waited for him to come home, basically.  Watched a show on the day that Pompei was destroyed in 79AD.  Meet up with my neighbors later and then came home and did my best to not call my son as it poured outside.  My son came home about 3:30am.

Between all the thoughts and work, well, I was pretty sore; so I pampered myself and gave myself a "bad thing."  The "bad thing" was to not post.  I purposefully didn't post to my blog knowing that my goal is to post every day.

That's it for yesterday.  I'm off to enjoy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment