Sunday, May 2, 2010

sigh

I think that for all the grand plans made the body will have its say.  Today my body said, "Sleep."  It wasn't a loud command.  It was a gentle take over.  I slept.

As my son's hours have changed with this production so have mine.  I am not young any more.  The toll on my body showed up in illness, soreness and exhaustion.  I've done my best to keep plugging away, but today since he is done; my body said, "Enough." 

It wasn't a matter to be argued.  I had no choice.  I ate a bit, drank a bit, and slept a lot.

Hopefully this day has primed me for a productive week.  I feel sad about my lack of productivity these past two days, but it's just my own disappointment over not attaining self-imposed goals.  It will pass because I will forgive myself and accept that I am only human.  It would be so much easier to be machine.

So this is it for the weekend.  It has been a bit of a "high holy weekend" only recognized by me.  May Day begins the rites of Spring for me.  While I didn't official observe the significant events associated with May Day and the Kentucky Derby, I still believe that my spirit was aligned.  I do feel blessed.

As time goes by, I will write the stories about my Grandpa Corbin and his May Basket to his teacher, my mother's love of speed and ding-dong ditch while we delivered May Baskets when I was in Kindergarten, and how I woke my father from a sound sleep during the 1969 Kentucky Derby as Bill Hartack rode Majestic Prince to victory. 

I didn't think of seriously researching my love for Secretariat, and now there is a movie.  I'm so glad others are smarter than me.

So here's to a great week for everyone.  I'll have a bit of help with my projects starting on Tuesday.  Here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment