Saturday, August 14, 2010

B O R I N G is a Goal!

It's almost 6pm, and I still have a bunch to do with my day. So far, I've looked for work, gotten lost in a bunch of internet browsing that turned up some very interesting bits of info, and now I'm getting ready to sign off of my computer for the evening and switch gears.

Yesterday was very productive. It felt good. I found one solution to my academic woes with the help of a wonderfully helpful woman in Admissions & Records. A HUGE Thank You to Her! I enlisted the aid of a woman at the Financial Aid office, so another HUGE Thank You to Her! BB and I spent five hours helping our friends get their house cleaned before they headed to New Jersey, so a HUGE Thank You to BB!

On the house cleaning thing; we did all the floors and bathrooms from the second floor to the basement. We also washed a few walls and window sills besides spending some time with the dogs we had grown to know. The atmosphere was wonderful with people laughing, telling stories, eating pizza (of course) and working very hard. We were all stinky, sweaty messes before the day was done; but we were happy and grateful to have had this last bit of time together. I'm hoping that their drive to went smoothly; and that, the entire family has arrived safely in New Jersey.

Someday (maybe tomorrow) I'll get back to writing about my Extra work and finish that short story about the Princess and Gadyen. I've just been focusing on school, finding a job, and taking care myself.

I'm happy to report that

I'm switching to water for the evening and have been drinking plenty of the liquid
along with eating at least three times a day.
Soon I'll be able to cross of the whole school paperwork thing.
I do laugh
and hug every day, too.
My meditating has grown to an every day occurrence, so I'm very happy about that.
My exercise can be increased, so I'll keep working on my improvement there.
I'm still planning the garage sale and am kinda stuck on a date, but plan on getting that resolved very soon.
Let's see, I'm still writing the blog; so that's taken care of.
I'm going to do the bit of picking up that needs to be done; so that, the house will continue to be clean and sparkling.
I haven't worried today - YIPPEE!
I haven't written anything for the stories that I'd like to sell lately, but I have been going over character analysis and structure in my mind; so it's time to get it all down on paper and see what it looks like.
The whole daily schedule thing has been a disaster, but I haven't given up.
I've been downtown and plan on returning because I always see something beautiful and inspiring when I go.
The whole not calling anyone who doesn't want to hear from me is "easy-peasy"!
I'm getting my sleep, especially since I've been so productive; and it feels great!
AND -
For the first time in a long time, I feel like knitting and/or crocheting, so I plan on doing a bit after I do my bit of picking up.

That's pretty much all of my twenty items on my list of goals. There are a few omissions, but that's OK, right? Yeah, I know it is.

Well, if you've read this extremely mundane post - KUDOS TO YOU! You are a stalwart reader, and I am humbled by your loyalty. All my best to you because we all deserve the best in life. Many good thoughts your way. Peace Be With You.

FYI: I did a bunch of work on the blog today, so my percentage has gone down a bit. I'm still over 73% of all hits being original hits, but the percentage was almost at 75%; so I'm a bit bummed. Oh well, Onwards and Upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment