Saturday, August 7, 2010

I DID IT!

What I just did is worthy of its own blog post before I start dinner. I've got a bit of time before BB gets home from work, and it won't take long to get dinner together; so .....

I DID IT! I went through all my old work tapes! I haven't looked at them since I got laid off in December of 2003. Yep. Six and one half years of avoiding a painful memory has ended.

I had to do it. I'd moved the boxes of tapes to somewhere in the basement where I thought that they would be safe from any leaks only to find out that they weren't. Four boxes had water damage from severe to mild. The four boxes on top of them were fine.

During my sorting, I discovered my Obama, Ramis, Malden, Evans, Quigley, Sharper Focus Master, High School Today, and many tapes that were made of and by my family while I worked as a Public Access Producer/Technician for Post Newsweek Cable/AT&T/AT&T Broadband/TCI/Comcast.

Four company changes in approximately six years is a lot. I made it through a lot of lay-offs before I finally got the ax.

Well, BB just called. He's just coming up on Dundee. That means it's time to go cook.

I DID IT! Now to see if they're any good. One step at a time and all that.

2 comments: