Sunday, August 15, 2010

Domestic Bliss

Today is a day for domestic bliss. I've cleaned the kitchen already. After BB gets up, I'll vacuum and dust. The recycling is out-of-control, so I'll be headed to the can crusher in the basement to take care of that. While I'm down there, I'll fold the three loads of laundry and do a bit more. It will be good to be in all parts of my home today because I have to make a punch list of a bunch of little stuff that needs to get done. I've only slept for about five hours, so a nap is definitely in order, too. In fact, I may just go back to bed when I finish writing this because I am tired.

The best part is that I'm going to relax and knit and possibly crochet today. I have projects to finish and want to start at least two more. I now own so many knitting needles and crochet hooks that I can work on multiple projects at once. I've got a ton of yarn, too; so here I come! BIG :D.

My goal is to stay away from the computer until tonight. I've done an excellent job of sending in job applications, and quite frankly, deserve a day off for myself and my hobbies and house.

Yesterday, I think I wrote about as much as I can write in a day. It's all very rough, but the bones are in place for a couple of short stories. I also researched about as much as I can research in a day which led to a very enjoyable couple of conversations and emails about pink flamingos. Tee Hee. All I can say is, "Who woulda thunk it." LOL - It is truely a small world filled with wonderful coincidences.

Hope everyone's Sunday is joyful. The following prayer has been floating through my brain, again; so I'll share:

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference."

With that, I'm going to meditate after I send up one more prayer, "Please let everyone connect with their Higher Power; and let their thoughts, actions and deeds be filled with enlightenment and love."

Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment