Saturday, August 7, 2010

TO THE POINT

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world." - Dalai Lama

I like the Dalai Lama. I'm not Buddhist, but I like the Dalai Lama. I like anybody who devotes their life to compassion and understanding. I try to do the same.

Having said that, I'm going to make this post rather short and bland. A quick report of my efforts on my goals and gone.

I've eaten twice today, so far.

No water, yet.

Laughed.

Hugged.

Haven't called anyone that I think doesn't want to hear from me, except maybe one; but since I haven't been officially told not to call - maybe they're just busy.

I have walked for twenty minutes at a pace fast enough to make me sweat because I went POWER SHOPPING!

I'm writing my blog today.

I have consciously banished worry from my thoughts today. YEA! :D

I have picked up after myself and others, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, showered and dressed in a snazzy outfit. :D

I am making something for my granddaughters.

I slept for over eight hours last night, and feel great!


That's it for the list, so far today.

I have to go do a job that I dread doing; go through my old work tapes in the basement. The sooner I get down there to do this the better. The leaking in the basement has gotten worse. I thought the boxes were in a safe place, but now there are three sitting in standing water. I have important interviews to rescue and more importantly original stories that I wrote and produced throughout my career as a Television Producer. Looks like I'll be moving a bunch upstairs and finding a better place for them. Please think good thoughts. I've got original footage of our President before he became our President. Irregardless of how you feel about him, his policies, etc.; these are historically significant documentations of the man on his rise through the political system. I've also got Harold Ramis, Bob Love, Paul Simon (the Senator), Dan Rostenkowski, and a plethora of others including Rahm Emanuel and Karl Malden. sigh

OK, best to all. I'm off to do my best to make this world a better place - at least for me and mine. Take care and keep on keepin' on. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment