Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Good Morning

Well, in a little over one half hour I will be going to cook zucchini bread with my friend. I'm looking forward to getting back together with her to do something "country" like our country grandmas. We both cherish and revere our grandmas because the list of what they taught us about life and being women is endless. We've had to come to the conclusion that we are lucky enough to have been influenced by saints right here on Earth. We strive to carry their message and our memories of them forward. It's one of the happiest and best experiences I have; spending time with my friend carrying forward a simple, enjoyable, and practical way of life focused on nurturing family and friends.

As I sit at my desk, I look at the top shelf of the closest bookcase in our office. From left to right are two dictionaries, two Bibles, "Taking Charge of Your Career", "The Art of War", "Stop Worrying and Start Living", "The Power of Positive Thinking", "Get Over It and Get On With It", "Eat, Pray, Love", "The Analects of the Conversations of Confucius with His Disciples and Certain Others", a Spanish-English Dictionary, a file folder, "The South Beach Diet", "thinking like a cat", "Women & Money", and "Round the World on a Penny." These are most often used Reference Books.

On the next shelf down, are my Art History and Instruction books; my Theatre & Film technical books, plays and scripts; my Meditation, Yoga, Massage and Alternative Medicine book; a Bike Repair book; and my Spanish lesson book. These books remind me of who I am and make me happy, too.

Below these two shelves are two more shelves filled with art and office supplies and office files. It is only the bottom shelf that needs any organizing, really. We've been working on the office steadily, and we're reaping the rewards of our efforts. This makes me happy, too.

I am lucky to be able to find something so close to me that makes me happy in the simplest of ways. Because I worked in the library when I was in elementary school both at our elementary school and at the local public library, my shelves are organized according to subject matter. Because it is my personal collection, the books are organized according to personal importance, too.

One of my grandmothers was a Second Grade teacher. One of my grandmas was a housewife who read voraciously. Both my parents "eat" books. At this point in my life, I prefer to eat zucchini bread. HA! LOL

Have a great day, All. I'll be thinking about our world, and how we can all make it a bit better. For now, zucchini bread is my method. It provides so many opportunities to nurture others. I'll definitely be freezing at least one loaf for a special occasion down the road. I will share it at that time along with stories about my grandmas and many more strong women who love unconditionally, and why this is such a good part of our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment