Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sigh! LOL

Note to Self: Things can change in an instant. Look for the positive and let go.

Because this blog is so very public, I have to find ways to express myself and protect the privacy of my friends and family. I have let the public in on some of my more personal experiences, but I feel bad about any confidences that I may have betrayed as a result of my writing zeal. With this in mind, it is my hope to focus on stories, poems and details that primarily pertain to my life and leave my beloveds out of it unless, of course, they have done something so wonderful that I just can't help myself. Still, for now, I will be leaving my daughter and my granddaughters out of my blog because it's in their best interest. I'll leave it at, "I'm so proud of my daughter and love her and my granddaughters so very much. I can patiently wait to see them again."

So, today has been a very productive day as compared to yesterday when I wasn't feeling too well. Listed below are my accomplishments for today -

1. Went for a half hour walk in the neighborhood. :D

2. Meditated for twenty minutes this afternoon. :D

3. Have eaten two good meals today, and it's not even dinner time. :D

4. I have laughed today. :D

5. I haven't had a physical hug today, but I have had a few great verbal hugs. Looks like BB will be giving me at least one hug, or maybe SA. In fact, I purposefully didn't hug someone I love because they weren't in the mood. I consider that almost as good as a hug, and certainly very understanding on my part. :D

6. Here I am writing my blog. :D

7. I've FINALLY DONE IT! I've had sixty-four ounces of water today! :D

8. I have done a bit of sketching and writing on a story that I'd like to sell. :D

9. I had to catch the runaway train on banishing worry, but I DID IT! No worrying today. Can't say I was successful yesterday, but today has been a stellar exercise in getting back on the horse and riding it with great joy. :D

10. I have been picking up after myself and have done a bit of laundry. Still need to complete the kitchen. :D

18. Haven't called a soul who doesn't want to hear from me. :D

19. I am making some things for my granddaughters, too. :D

20. I got a good night's sleep for about seven hours and am going to head to my bed for a bit of veg time as soon as I finish this. Trying to decide which movie to put on. I'm thinking "The Full Monty." :D

I have also helped some friends and alleviated some fears for many. That always feels good. It's good to help others, even if in the throws of a perceived crisis; or maybe, especially if in the throws of a perceived crisis because it takes my mind off of my own problems for a moment and makes me feel so good.

So that's my day, so far. It's like this for many people, isn't it. Bad days, good days, so-so days, and all the getting back on the bike, so to speak, right? it must be. You win some. You lose some. "Professionals don't panic." The thinking positive and staying calm things are very difficult for me, but I feel newly energized and determined. Yesterday I failed - big time. Today I've succeeded = big time. Now I'm focusing on how to even it out on a daily basis. Continued meditation, exercise and healthy diet is going to help considerably.

Tomorrow BB & I head up north to take care of some business that we need to prepare for tonight or tomorrow morning. We will be going to the bank to replace my debit/credit card that BB lost. RRrrrrr. I'm making him go with me because he lost it. Penance is a bitch, and so am I - sometimes.

On the 3rd, I have to go to court to testify against "Flasher Guy." Rrrrrr. BB is coming with me on that one, too, for moral support. I feel much better that my attorney is the city prosecutor again. He deserves the honor and will make me feel more comfortable on the stand. I'm interested to see if the man who flashed me is the same man that was arrested. Had to report it and all that. What a pain, but it has to be done. Stupid, stupid man. I hope he gets the help he needs.

So, now I'm off to rest my weary bones after I go fold the load of laundry in the basement, and keep the loads cycling.

I've thought a lot about my grandparents and parents these past couple of days. I continually think that I am lucky to have been brought up by these people. I have some tremendous skills as a result of their tutelage.

I've been thinking quite a bit about my children, too. Succinctly, I am a better person for putting the needs of my children ahead of my own needs while I was raising them. Because I did this for so many years, I am now more confident about the choices that I make for myself and my family now. It's nice to have adult children who want to live their own lives and are perfectly capable of doing so.

Have a great night! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment