Friday, August 6, 2010

bath my ears in beauty - a poem

bath my ears in beauty.
lie me down upon our bed.
help me forget 'bout duty.
take these thoughts from my head.

run your hands through my hair.
wipe away my tortured tears.
convince me that i don't care.
exorcise all my fears.

bath my ears in beauty.
wash my checks with tongued kisses.
shower my soul in kindness.
cleanse me from head to toe.

oh save me now forever.
i've been waiting all alone.
our healing touch will sever
our sorrows from our souls

Inspired by this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANQW7V6OCPc&feature=related

Mark Knopfler and Tom Jones - "I Feel Like Going Home"

OK - that's it for today's post. Thought I might as well get this out of the way since it took me all day to get here; and now, it's tomorrow or something like that.

Check out the video. It's some of the best blues I've ever heard, or at least I actually found something that spoke to me perfectly and saved me from the day - perfectly. It's so rare that that happens. It took all day, but I did find something.

No comments:

Post a Comment