Saturday, March 12, 2011

27 - Make that 26 - More Posts to Go!

Just checked my numbers and found that this is post #339. We'll count this as Sunday's Post. In less than a month, I'll be done writing this blog the way it's been written for the past (almost) year. I think this is a very good thing. I've come to the conclusion that very few people are actually reading it, that it's visited mainly by bots; and that, I can do better with my writing time. All in all these are not bad conclusions. They are just conclusions that will lead me in a new direction. Actually, the best part of this blog is that I actually sit down and write something everyday for me. I am looking forward to April 7th, though. I'll have to do some thinking about everything that I've learned. Seems like it's just about time to start recapping this past year.

I've never kept a journal or diary, so this has been a first. It's also a good marker of what I can accomplish page-wise in a year's time should I decide to write something more substantial. Of course, seeing as this is free-form writing and not focused on one subject; it may not be a good indicator of what I could do if I sat down to write a few short stories, a book and/or a screenplay. I don't know. Maybe part of the process is just deciding to make the time every day to write something.

I'm babbling again. I do that. I'm feeling a bit scared, a bit confused, a bit ambivalent, and mostly sore because I've spent way too much time on the computer today.

I was researching how to start my first serious garden and our local political campaigns. I was also working on my video project. Of course, I played too many computer games, too. I did learn a lot, so it wasn't a waste of a day. I also got to talk to an old friend for almost an hour, and that was very, very nice.

My goal for Sunday is Sunday School, Yoga, T'ai Chi Chih, homework, laundry, cleaning and no computer. "Can she do it?" I guess we'll find out.

That's really about it. It's been a peaceful day. The clocks are set ahead for Daylight Savings Time. My thoughts have been in Wisconsin, Michigan, New Mexico, Japan, and right here in my own community.

There's a lot of troubling stuff going on in the world today. I suppose there's a lot of good stuff going on, too. Maybe it's not as bad as I perceive it to be, but maybe it's worse. I just don't know. There's a lot of change and turmoil.

I wonder what kind of world my granddaughters will grow up in. I wonder if there will be a world for them to grow up in. It's pretty bleak, yet it's been peaceful; and I feel rested.

Guess that's a good thing. I have a lot to do tomorrow.

Here's to better days for everyone in the world. Guess I'll focus on sending lots of positive energy everywhere. We all need lots of love and understanding these days.

Sweet dreams, Everyone. Hang in there and think good thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment