Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day Off

Well, I took another day off. It was a conscious choice. I decided to finish a scarf for SA and made a little beanie for Little One instead of writing.

I had a busy, productive enjoyable day. Got to spend some time with GL besides all else.

We had a wonderfully weird experience on our way to lunch. We went to an old hangout because GL wanted cheese fries. Amazingly, we found parking right in front of our old haunt, so we considered this to be a sign. We walked in, looked around, read the menu and discovered that our old haunt was gone; it was now a healthy barbecue place. We didn't want to eat at the healthy barbecue place and were shocked that a community institution had disappeared without our knowledge. We left. As we drove down the street, GL saw the name of our old haunt at a new location. Amazingly again, we found parking immediately. We also considered this a sign. We couldn't stop laughing while we walked in. We were so relieved and overjoyed to discover that our old haunt was alive and well in a new location. It had changed, but the owner was working the order area and talkative as ever. He's a Badgers fan, too. I was wearing my Badgers Rose Bowl hoodie, so we started talking all things Wisconsin. Another customer even chimed in that he remembered having a wild weekend in my hometown which I told him was pretty typical and chuckled. With cheese fries for GL and veggie burgers for both of us, we headed to a table and had a very nice lunch discussing our classes. It was a very nice lunch.

Later I headed to my group session only to discover that it had been cancelled. I was bummed and decided to go "furniture shopping." I don't really have any money for furniture, but I hope that something in a Clearance room will be affordable and the right piece. I found a lovely chair and ottoman for $250 in one store and a love seat in a matching color in another, but neither was in the Clearance room; and both don't fit in my budget. It was a nice escape, though.

While I was at the second store, SA called and asked if she could come over to our house even though BB was working. She's so silly. I've told her over and over again that she can go to our house anytime she feels like it. She knows how to get in, and I trust her completely. I'm always happy to spend a some time with her, or at least provide a quiet space for her to get away to. Of course I told her that she was welcome; and that, I would be home shortly.

When I got home, I didn't want to read, write, spend time on the computer, or do anything but knit or crochet. I thought I might finally start the finishing work on Little One's baby blanket, but instead I responded to GL's comment about the yarn I used on a scarf I hadn't finished. I decided to finish it for her the way she wanted it finished. It was easy. SA had to get her rest, so she left before I finished it; but it is ready for her now. Well, almost ready. I have to sew in two strands of yarn.

Since I had a bit of yarn left over, I started playing with that, and my playing turned into a small beanie. It's big on Ziggy, but cute to see on his head. I have no idea if it will fit Little One, but if it doesn't, I'll take a look at it and figure out how to add on to it or make it a doll hat or something.

So after all my activity during my day, I ended up staying up way too late crocheting. It was fun and creative. It felt great to do something just for me and the people I love. It felt great not to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment