Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On a More Serious Note - News from Around the World

The following links provide a bit of reading about some of the more serious issues facing our world these days. Certainly not all issues are presented, but these are a few of the things that I tend to keep up with on a daily basis these days. Just lets you know that I'm not entirely self-absorbed. What it doesn't let you know is that I do spend a good deal of time seeking out the positive in life. Balance is key. Besides, with all the reports of bad news, I am working on not rolling over and just giving up. I am inspired by the people who continue to get up each day and struggle to change their worlds for the better while facing life threatening and life changing situations. Here's to the people fighting to make our world a better place; they are my heroes.

Japan PM: Radiation Leaking From Damaged Plant

Qadaffi Forces Start a Major Assault

The Zimbabwe Situation

Michigan Bill Would Impose "Financial Martial Law"

Wisconsin GOP Suspects Democrats Will Flee Again

On International Women's Day: The Good, Bad and Really Bad News

I didn't post yesterday because I spent three and a half hours visiting with an old friend. I think we both enjoyed the opportunity to spend some time together, vent and just hang out. We're both very busy parents with adult children. It was nice to reconnect and talk about "stuff" with someone my own age with similar experiences and views of our world. It was 11pm by the time I got home. I was hungry and tired, so naturally I ate and went to bed.

Today I've got another busy schedule, so I'm off to be responsible. Have a wonderful day in the face of adversity. Keep fighting the good fight. Peace be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment