Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8, 2011

It is Tuesday. I skipped posting on Monday because I could; I was ahead of my posting goals.

I've entered into an experimental phase for my blog. I've deleted just under half of my Facebook friends, blocked a good many, and am seeing what this does to viewership on this blog. I am pretty certain that very few people are actually reading this thing and have a good idea why this has happened. I've also noted that the posts that have received the most hits either have to do with Thor Hushovd or one particular post titled, ":(." Having my Thor Hushovd posts read by "so many" makes me happy and tells me that cycling and Thor are good subjects for readership. I don't want to write about cycling all the time, though. The ":(" post is very, very short and cryptic. It must be a disappointment for those who read it.

Back to Monday. I was up at 5am and got home from school at around 8pm. I had a very, very full day. It was a good day. I ended my day with a great workout in Yoga and was feeling absolutely giddy. I didn't really want to put any effort into doing anything except being in the moment and enjoying the feelings of peace and joy, so I didn't.

My editing class is progressing, and I like this instructor. I'm meeting with him on Thurday to discuss my next project. I expect a productive meeting that will set me on my way.

I did get to spend some time with Big Girl and Little One on Monday, too. It's amazing what a person can learn from children if they're open to it. We all had a pretty good time.

BB and SA were hard at work on Monday finalizing a script for presentation today. I've got my fingers crossed and am thinking tons of good thoughts for this one.

Back to the deleting and blocking Facebook friends. I didn't do this with any malice. My Blocked List on Facebook is longer than my Friend List. Why? Well, obviously there are people from my past that I don't want knowing my business now. That premise has also influenced the posts on this blog and will be addressed at the end of the year of posting. I've got some interesting people on my Blocked List. I've outright lied to some about my continued presence on Facebook. I'm hoping that they will understand because "It's Just Facebook" and we do talk and see each other in Real Life. Sometimes I block people on Facebook if a situation arises that makes me unhappy or uncomfortable. I exercise my control over my own environment and eliminate the confusing from my Facebook Life. Oh, if only Real Life was that simple. Sometimes the people that I block or delete just get blocked or deleted through no fault of their own or malice on my part. I just do it. I'm not Facebook Friends with my children anymore. I'm only Facebook Friends with two cousins as far as Real Life Family members go. Well, maybe three in the US and a few more very distant cousins overseas. My Facebook Friends consist of mostly girlfriends from my past that live far away, their children, old High School acquaintances, one college classmate, and some people that I share interests with but have never met in person. My relationship with Facebook and Social Media is developing, and I'm taking it slow. I only have a little over fifty friends now after having over two hundred earlier in the year. Over two hundred "friends" is too many for me to "manage" through Social Networking. I can't imagine having over a thousand friends. Oh, and I have been deleted and blocked myself. Not shocking at all.

So if any of you reading this used to be a Facebook Friend and wonder why you aren't any longer; all I can tell you is that change is happening and maybe we had a great conversation in person last night.... or recently.... or I'm thinking loving thoughts for you and yours and will see or talk to you sometime sooner than later. Remember, "It's Only Facebook."

As for the rest of my life, remember, "It's really pretty boring and mundane." Thanks for reading this if you've taken the time, but it's not necessary. The blog in this form will be gone soon enough. I'll be spending my time doing other forms of writing. This has been a very successful, life-transforming experiment for me, so far. I'll go into that more as this thing winds down.

Take care, World. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment