Sunday, March 20, 2011

SMASH Guile, CEDE Bite - A Poem ... and more

SMASH Guile, CEDE Bite

It went by like a flash
Included one clash
Made my teeth gnash
Wanted something to smash
Or at least to bash
Cried through wetted lash
Because he made a dash

Ignored it for a while
Absorbed all my bile
Soon began to smile
Forgave his guile
For taking a mile
Cleaned up the pile
And switched the dial

Got the help I need
He did a good deed
I'm glad he agreed
Allowed himself to cede
Followed my lead
Fueled my creative seed
For editing video steed

It's time to say, "Good Night"
Forget our silly fight
We're good at making light
We bark, but we don't bite
Now we're tight
Forgiven the slight
And reached a new height

Yeah, it's a pathetic poem, but it does tell a bit of a story about today. It's the best that I can do after ten hours of logging and capturing video for my Flaneur piece. I did it, though - with help from my Two Tutors. I am grateful and relieved.

Sweet dreams, All. I'm headed back to bed. Been feeling like Ca-Ca Doodle Doo all day. Still have sore throat, aches, and headache; but at least I got some editing done.

It doesn't take much energy to sit and cut up clips for .... TEN HOURS! Gees.
OK, so only eight hours were spent cutting up clips. One hour was spent doing the Batch Capture, and another hour was spent organizing the one hundred and sixteen clips. (rolls eyes) ... and I'm worried that I need more footage or different footage? Goodness. This is for a five to eight minute piece, mind you. I wanted "extra" footage for overlaying sound and video and doing multi-frame edits. You know, like window panes and split screens. I still have to figure out how to put words in and make them move. One step at a time. One step at a time.

OK, now I go rest my weary head and back and arms and neck and tuchus and hair and fingers and ... oh yeah, eyes.

Good Night and Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment