Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy Birthday, Roomie!

Today is my college roommate's birthday. Like other birthday tribute posts, this post is dedicated to my college roommate and the coincidence that brought us together; one of the best bits of coincidence to ever happen.

I could go on and on about about how wonderful my college roommate was and is, so I'll just try to stick to the main point; sometimes life brings someone into your life that you're not expecting who turns out to be a lifelong friend that you trust completely.

I'm a very lucky person to have this experience with my friend. She has always been a voice of reason; calming and reassuring. She's always had a wicked sense of humor. She is kind, smart and practical. She is the calm in the storm who has overcome a few obstacles and gone on to find the love of her life. She knows how to survive gracefully.

I am forever in her debt, though I'm sure she has no idea to what degree and all the reasons that I hold her in my heart forever. She's just better than anyone I imagined would walk into our dorm room that day. I'm a very lucky person because I got to live with her, travel with her, hang out with her, and keep in touch with her throughout all these years. I hope everyone has at least one friend like this in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment