Thursday, March 17, 2011

Warm Weather Well-Being

Today was absolutely gorgeous. It was so nice outside that I did some yard work. Picked up a bunch of branches and did some raking. You know, the usual Spring Clean-Up kinda thing.

Of course I did more good deeds. I'm liking the habit of doing good deeds. Still making me feel great. Today's good deed consisted of giving a couple rides and doing a little babysitting.

I woke up without any pain this morning which was a welcome surprise. Yesterday my knee, leg and back started burning, tingling, and sending shooting pains all over the place. I don't know what I did to them, but they made their displeasure so known that I didn't go to school because sitting and driving was just too painful. So you can see why waking up this morning without any pain was a very beautiful thing.

Got to see Big Girl and Little One today. They were fantastic, of course. Poor Little One had dried up boogers all up inside her nose, so MeeMa had to get out the sucky thing and a warm wash cloth which made Little One cry. I'm sure her nose felt better, though.

GL, Big Girl and I went outside to play, too. Big Girl wore the play clothes I bought for her. The pants are gray and much better for playing outside than the beautiful turquoise pants she wore over to the house. I'm tickled that I found something for her to get dirty in. We had fun. MeeMa Monster chased Mommy and Big Girl until they hid in the invisible cave, the invisible tunnel and the invisible volcano. They sure could disappear quickly. All good fun in our yard in the beautiful weather.

Much to my surprise, BB took video of Big Girl and Little One. He's already edited it together along with a song from "The Life Aquatic." It's great, and the music fit serendipitously with the footage. It's so nice when a project comes together easily and sweetly like this one. It's really pretty funny.

It's been a good night. It was 8:45pm before I poked my head up from my computer to see that BB was busy finishing up his editing. Kinda nice to be sitting with the windows open, enjoying the weather and playing with our own projects in our office.

I was doing a bit of research and looking at the footage I shot today at the stable. I didn't want to shoot new footage for my Flaneur project but took the camera to the stable today as a back-up plan. Flaneur means "stroller" in French. It's a style of filmmaking. The concept is to take the audience to a location and immerse them in it as though they are taking a stroll through it; to be a part of it, yet separate. I think I have that right. Well, taping a few riding lessons, strolling through the stables, playing with the cats, the rooster, the hen and horses seemed to be just what I needed. We'll see how good it is. I can always shoot more footage. I wonder if I can have the camera over Spring Break. I haven't taken any stills, yet though. Flaneur can include still photography, too.

Anyway, it was fun to shoot, so I guess I owe my instructor a huge apology on Monday. I've been a whiny diva too many times already this semester. Don't know where it came from, but Demon Diva reared her ugly head this semester, and I'm really rather baffled by it all. Well, not completely. I know how her cage was unlocked. I was told that I wouldn't have to shoot footage for Digital Editing, and every assignment has included a shooting element to it. I'm working on letting it all go. It's getting easier especially after days like today.

Just a nice, playful, creative day has been greatly appreciated. I'm off to watch "The Mentalist" and get some ZZzzzz's. Might as well end on a high note.

No comments:

Post a Comment