Thursday, March 10, 2011

:D

Yep. Today's been a pretty darn good day.

While not the #1 Best Part of Today, I'd have to say that meeting with my Digital Editing instructor was pretty awesome for a whole variety of reasons; but mainly that he is allowing me to use the Log House footage that I shot in 2003 instead of shooting new footage. We talked conceptual and practical ideas for my Flaneur piece, and I am happy again. You know how much easier it is to create when you're happy, right? Yeah, I'm over-the-moon happy with this development.

Other wonderful things happened today, too; but I'm going to leave a few in the percolator for a while. They're "works in progress."

I'll leave by simply saying that I had seven great in person and/or over the phone exchanges today. BB, SA and I just ended an hour of conversation covering film making, professors, ethics, sociology, the law and being a lawyer that had us rolling. Picture if you will.... Will Ferrell starring in the remake of "Citizen Kane." You have now envisioned SA's worst nightmare.

Big Girl huged and kissed me so many times today while she told me, "I missed you, MeeMa." She then ran off to get her shoes and socks saying, "I"m going to run fast like a potato!" She ran out of the room making BBBBbbbRRRRrrrrOOooooooMMMMmmmm sounds. Cracked GL and me up.

Little One had a huge smile for me today and is still so happy to be walking. I don't think I've ever seen a child happier to be walking. She's a hoot. My knee got a hug from her.

I had a very important phone call with GL, and while it might have been a little tense; progress has been made. Things will get better for everyone.

I also had a wonderful conversation with my mom and my brother about the whole Wisconsin debacle and more stuff. That was nice.

Oh, and big news is that I've decided to start Paralegal Studies in the Fall. I can have a Certificate in two to three semesters because I already have my Bachelor of Arts degree. It feels right. I'm excited. I think I can do some good and support myself doing this kind of work. Who knows, if it turns out really well; I may just go on to Law School. Here's hoping. Who woulda thunk it.

OK, so I ended up telling most everything. That didn't take long, and now it's time for ... wait for it ... "Perry Mason"! Duh. Sometimes I baffle myself with my obtuseness; how long did it take me to decide on Paralegal studies, and how much do I like "Perry Mason"?

OH! ... and I'd like to thank Governor Walker and the Wisconsin Senate Republicans, including Senator Schulz (who was the only dissenting vote) for finally pushing me over the edge of "madness", and making it abundantly clear that, "I'm mad, and I'm not going to take it any more!" I'm jumping into the fray on the side of right! I'm going to spend the rest of my life helping people with my knowledge of THE LAW. I really should go watch "Legally Blonde" now. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment