Thursday, March 3, 2011

JOY!

Dear Cuz,

You made me cry again this morning when you sent me that video. I wasn't expecting to see your brother front and center when I opened up the link. It's not often that people get thanked for making someone cry, so if I'm the first, "Here's to setting precedent."

Thank you for reminding me that it's a very special day for many people that I love. You've also made me smile and laugh as a result of your insight and kindness. You knew how much this would mean to me, didn't you.

Did you think that I'd be so awestruck by what you achieved in a few clicks of a mouse or taps and clicks by a couple fingers that I'd write to you? That one I don't know about.

Could I be getting you in trouble with my public expression of gratitude? If I might be getting you in trouble, let me share a bit of the back story for today. It is my hope that the joy that you gave me will outweigh any grumbles that might occur in your neck of the woods.

Before I do that, though, let me just say that the video was perfect and brilliant. The music choice was a surprise and appreciated. The pictures were great and wonderfully edited together. Inspirational to me because I'm headed to a weekend of editing and haven't been looking forward to it. I'm now feeling a little stoked thanks to the creator of that piece. Kudos to her.

As for your brother, who's birthday is today, and who's son's birthday is today; well, they're living even better lives than I dreamt that they would live. Please let them both know that I'm very happy for both of them. That's whenever you see them because I'd like you to give them a huge embarrassing hug in public, too. Kisses would be nice, too. A big, loud, "Happy Birthday!" would be much appreciated, too. If you want to share your letter, feel free.I don't know if they like to read, or not. I figure a good public expression of love from my emissary combined with your letter just might do something wonderful. If you don't want to make a fool of yourself on my behalf, please use your judgement as to how to convey my joy at their success and happiness. I trust you completely.

I've just called to find out how far away Big Girl, Little One, BB and GL are from the house. I've got about ten minutes to wrap this up. Sorry Cuz.... you deserve hours of accolades for who you are and what you've done in your life. I'm so proud to be your cousin. Thank you for keeping in touch with me. You bring such joy to my life. You personify joy to me.

Thank God for the day you entered the world. Love you forever and ever.

---> no time for back story. too much going on now, so later lady <---

No comments:

Post a Comment